Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vetta Combo PROBLEM!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    i have also noticed the delay when switching patches, but pete's use of the expression pedal to switch amp settings works well.

i also like the powerball patch, but i think the cornford patch is my favorite. it's like a marshall jcm but better.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, the Cornford is really good. So is the Diety and I don't even know what a Diety is.

Comment

Idea for Line6 r&d

Make something as simple to learn as the Spider2 with effects and speed like the G-Major, all in 1 amp, and I'll try it.

Comment

Re: Idea for Line6 r&d

The Diety is a Diesel. It kicks ass.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The Diety is a Diesel. It kicks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. it sure does. Stacking it with the Powerball for that super high test Marshall tone sounds killer. Stacking it with the Ubershall and running them both through the 4 x 12 Treadplate cabs is some pretty heavy stuff.
          I also think I am already hooked on the Vetta Juice and this isn't even my amp.
          I am thinking about a little amp liquidation sale so that I can get one too. It just doesn't seem like a good time to sell anything right now. Nothing seems to be moving unless it is a total blow out price.

Comment

Even those of us selling Vettas are having trouble, but if my wolf sells first then the vetta stays. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

John - try panning the different amps hard left and right, and use a stereo 4x12 or two cabs. Sounds MASSIVE. A few amps I like running like that:

1) Uber and 5150
            2) Big Bottom and Soldano
            3) JCM800 and Plexi

Also, there is a doubler on the Vetta (can't remember the name) that when used correctly really widens the sound. Also, run a pitch shift with one amp detuned 1 cent.

Pete

Comment

Hey Pete, when using the FCB1010 pedal does the tuner show in the display?

Comment

Re: More Vetta issues

Hey Vetta users, I have another question.
                I am having a hard time getting this Vetta Combo to sound open.
                It sounds like there is a blanket over the amp sort of. I can't seem to get that crisp open real sound. The majority of the heavy patches sound compressed and flat. The cleans however sound outstanding. Any suggestions?

Comment

So far.. it seems that the Mesa high gain models are excellent but the Marshall's leave a little to be desired.
                  I am starting to think its the open backed 2 x 12 combo that is giving me the problem. I am heading off to Vettaville with some more questions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hey Pete, when using the FCB1010 pedal does the tuner show in the display?

[/ QUOTE ]

1010 doesn't have a display.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hey Vetta users, I have another question.
                      I am having a hard time getting this Vetta Combo to sound open.
                      It sounds like there is a blanket over the amp sort of. I can't seem to get that crisp open real sound. The majority of the heavy patches sound compressed and flat. The cleans however sound outstanding. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate open back speakers for overdrive tones, personally. You can also use the 4 band eq to add some highs, and make sure if the amp sounds too compressed to make sure the compressor isn't turned on too. Some of the high gain tones sound really good if you run less amp gain and crank a stompbox overdrive emulation in the front of it.

Pete

Comment

This problem, along with the way they sound like the sound is coming from somewhere else in the room other than the front of the cab..(like the sound is alittle removed - not as "present") are the reason I don't own any of their products !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          This problem, along with the way they sound like the sound is coming from somewhere else in the room other than the front of the cab..(like the sound is alittle removed - not as "present") are the reason I don't own any of their products !

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not that much of a problem. You can't hear it while playing with a full band. I think I'd like a head better so I can pick the cabinet I'm going through but thats my only gripe.

[ QUOTE ]
                          (like the sound is alittle removed - not as "present")

[/ QUOTE ]

You're doing something wrong if it sounds like that.

I own this Vetta and a POD XT and as long as you know how to tweak them they sound great. If you don't have the time or patients, Line 6 is not for you.
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X