FedEx dishes it out, VHT takes it baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx dishes it out, VHT takes it baby

Just got a Two-Fifty-Two yesterday. Opened it up last night around 2am to discover that FedEx hammered it pretty good. The steel on this is freakin' thick - they really whacked it good.

I plugged it in and it seems to be working [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

BTW, it sounds great. The class A mode for classic tones is a really sweet bonus.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: FedEx dishes it out, VHT takes it baby

fuck...that happened to a power amp we had delivered too they really must go to town on that stuff

Comment

Reminds me of the story of one of the dudes on the HC forum got his 5150 delivered to his house and the UPS guy was basically tipping it over, standing it up, then tipping it over again to get it across his lawn. He ran out and was like "What the hell are you doing?" and the UPS guy made some bullshit excuse.

Comment

How was that packaged? I'm going to wager it wasn't double boxed... when I sold my rackmount rectifier, I wrapped it in bubble wrap, put it in a box, filled that with compressed paper so it was tight, then put THAT in another box. I cringe when I see an amp that somebody just chucked in a box with some peanuts and called it good.

Pete

Comment

Awwwww Those fags. I just order three 1520 capacity cd wall rack unit..I just KNOW they will be all F'd up...I just know it.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

How does that baby sound with the JMP-1 comapred to the 9200 and which 9200 do you have the EL34 or 5881 version.

Any chancy making that look better can you bend that back a bit ..make it look no so noticable..that would really bug me...I'm silly like that. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH BTW Tim, I'm a bid advocate of the BBE with certain amps such as the 5150. But I must say my JMP-1 / 9200 sounds alot better with one. Some amps don't accept them very well..some amps really do , especially the 5150. My Uber HATES it..I tried it again the other day just to be certain. The Uber is so "girthy" and pure sounding it doesn't go well with that unit. The Uber is also a very "clean" amp..even with the gobs of gain ..you have to play more accurately with this than my Marshall rig..My Marshall I can literally throw slop at it and get still by. The Marshall is more a "slop" friendly amp...why I really don't know..You can hear more nuances in your touch and playing with the Bogner than with any Marshall I've owned..that can be good and bad I guess.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The BBE will definitely wake up the JMP-1 and gives it some much needed "oomph" that ALL Marshalls seem to lack for the most part. But don't over do it with the low end knob on the BBE 422..it can get too "bloated"..your walls will shake to the point where you'll burry your tone with bass.

I Didn't know if you ever tried one..you may like your JMP-1 even more if you did..I think its a definite improvement...much better sounding with one than without...and they cheap..and really give some amps some cool mojo!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That looks to have taken a fall...surprised the amp still works and tubes didn't break or a cold solder joint broke. Testament to VHT construction and roadworthiness right there.
              What did the box it was shipped in look like?

Comment

Damn, those people are unbelievable. That's not some soft plastic piece either, that's some hard metal right there. How does it sound?

Comment

Looks like that took a good fall...the aluminum faceplate alone is thick, but that corner has the steel L-bracket (painted black) reinforcement behind it that bent too! Man they did a job on that.
                  Glad to hear it still purrs though! It'll be a killer upgrade from the Marshall!
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

When I got MY beloved VHT2150 Fed X'd from Oklahoma, the whole box was wadded up on every corner but it was packed mega well and not a scratch.

The next day my neighbor saw me and asked what the hell I got from FedX, I told him and he asked how bad it was broken. He said the guy PUSHED it off the truck, 3+ feet to the ground, and then proceeded to ROLL the thing end over end 60+ feet to my door. He swears to it! Said the guy was pissed it was so heavy and took it out on the box.

Man, if i would have caught that skinny "ethnic" bitch doing that to my $1k baby I would have smacked the fuck out of him with no fucking mercy. Fed X guy or not. I'd have smacked him. F-ing bitches...

Glad it works Tim... Sorry that poor thing took the hit though, that is F-d up.

Get an unmounted 4-6" or so table vice, and wrap the jaws with a washcloth, and slowly cinch it down on the whole edge of the rack ear... Should straighten it out without screwing it up too bad.

Comment

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin....thats some quality stuff there. If that doesn't show its roadworthy, I don't know what will!

Comment

I'm wondering about the packaging too. I'm glad it works. I've had several rack devices arrive like this over the years and all of them were underpacked. Luckily, all of them worked and I could bend the rack ears straight like Cleve mentions above. In several cases, they were well packed outside of the ears (everything else was well wrapped, but the seller didn't extend it over the ears).

I did ship a JMP-1 out once, double boxed and completely wrapped, and it arrive with something similar*, so I do know that it can happen even if well packed.

* Actually, I always wondered if the buyer was trying to pull something on the other end. It just didn't add up that something that well packed and relatively light got damage. However, Fedex paid out immediately on it, so there was probably something to it. Either way it worked out fine.

Comment

My new Jackson is coming via UPS in Friday and I already made arrangements to pick it up from their main distribution center near my office. The less they handle it the better. Those delivery people don't give a fuck!
                          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Packaging - it was in the VHT box that it was shipped to DCGL in. Jason had opened it, verified it worked and repacked it with additional padding. When I saw the box it didn't look bad so I was surprised by the bent corner.

Bill - I have to bend it back or get a replacement - I can't put it in a rack as is.

My 9200 is a 5881. I have a BBE 362. I haven't tried it with the JMP-1 yet though. How does the 362 compare to the 442?
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Tim the 362 is a one channel version of the 462 which sounds hideous and harsh to my ears..nothing but sizzle..the 422 units are much "warmer" and actually "musical" sounding..big difference.

But it wouldn't hurt to try it..at least you can get an Idea what a BBE can do..it's just that those 62 series are nothing but sizzle and way too much of it...

why they changed those is beyond be..if it ain't broke don't fix it..BBE should actually be aware of the demand for their origianl units and should re-issue them to be honest..it's a wonder they haven't yet..

I talked to Barcus Berry on the phone personally right when they changed because I actually need rack ears for my unit and just so happen to talk to him..he told me that the order units were better for guitar and that these newer "improved" version (462) are made more for audio enhancement , brings life in recordings and old tapes and PAs....and can still be used in Guitar racks..but they pale in comparison unfortuanetly with Guitar applications..the 482s as well..

Comment

Working...
                              X