FedEx dishes it out, VHT takes it baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FedEx dishes it out, VHT takes it baby

i work at fed ex, and yeah, most people that work there dont give a fuck about "fragile" and "do not drop" labels. to be honest with you guys, most of the stuff i see actually gets dropped and thrown all the time. just about every god damn piece. the heavy stuff definately at least gets dropped, because people dont like to take the time to carry and it set it down carefully.

i do my best, and im ALWAYS careful with what seems to be musical equipment and computer hardware, but im just letting you guys know, your package will mostly likely get thrown and dropped during its journey. so pack it tight as hell!

Comment

I had the same thing happen to my Peavey power amp.. and it also was a Fed Ex shipment. On the whole, the most important stuff has arrived intact so I've had pretty good luck..mostly its the heavy stuff has taken a beating even in a factory shipping carton. If you pack it so a gorilla could give it a toss, you should be ok but not even a factory carton suffices nowadays even when you think it would be fine.

I fixed the problem by taking out the tubes, getting a hammer and a 2x4 and going to town on a workbench. You could probably use a rubber mallet on that and it would come out. John mentioned a vise but that would likely work better..I didn't have one at the time.

I never did file a claim with Fed Ex seeing the power amp was used and it only cost a couple hundred....however, Tim would probably benefit from trying to get something out of it seeing his was almost new.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I never did file a claim with Fed Ex seeing the power amp was used and it only cost a couple hundred....however, Tim would probably benefit from trying to get something out of it seeing his was almost new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost new? Uh-uh. It is brand new. I'm waiting to hear back from Jason at DCGL.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Jeez, new? I thought it was a used Ebay or something.

You should be getting a new one then... Screw fixing it.

Comment

i thought DCGL was a persons nic..I take it this is a retail store in ? I agree they should give you a new one then.

Comment

DCGL == Drum City Guitar Land

My concern about getting a new one is whether or not it'll be any better handled. Jason would get me a new one but the way I look at it this one works and just has a bent corner. Jason just sent me an e-mail and he'll be getting a new front plate for me.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sounds reasonable. Hope it isn't too painful to swap them... Swapping one on my CAE3+se would be a bummmmer.

Comment

Wow, I had ordered a 2/90/2 from Indoor Storm in Raleigh. It came in (at Indoor Storm) and was bent like that one. They told me if the amp checked out, and I would take it with a bent corner, they would sell it at a discount. They called back and said there was a problem with the amp somewhere. They said to get a replacement would be 3 months. I contacted another dealer, ordered it and came in 3 weeks later. They inspected it then, shipped it to me. The corner was bent like yours, but not as bad. I straightened it myself with straight edges and some clamps. They need to pack those better. VHT bubble wraps the heck out of them, but they need to put some wood blocks in those corners or secure it to a mini pallet. It's a real problem.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Swapping the front plate should take no more than 10 minutes tops so that's definitely a good deal! I'm glad to hear it's working out. You may want to ask Jason to get you a new L bracket (ear) as well since that was bent too.
                    The front plate on the CAE is a totally different animal since every pot is mounted to the face, whereas on the VHT the plate goes around the pots. I've had them both apart to polish the face plates.
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Did you buy that new from VHT? If you did, you should call the company and ask to speak to Steve Fryette - and complain (nicely). Steve is the owner and should know what FedEx is doing to his product!! Maybe he can help you get FedEx to replace it...after all, they are insurred!

Comment

Working...
                      X