Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diezel Herbert review...holy mother of god!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diezel Herbert review...holy mother of god!!

[ QUOTE ]
    update:

I was at the dealer again today, and talked to a guy that was very knowledgeable about these amps. He has owned a Herbert for a year and a half, and he said he preferred it to the VH-4 for metal because it had more string articulation when playing chords and stuff, more string separation (for lack of a better term).

He told me they have 6L6's when delivered stock, but he liked it with 2 EL34's in there + 4 6L6's so I guess you can mix and match them in pairs.

He personally uses a 2x12 Diezel cab, he had tried the Herbert with an Uberkab and said they paired up just great!
    The Diezel cabs were a little more expensive than Über cabs, but he said they are built at the same factory but the reason for the price difference is because Bogner orders a bigger volume than Diezel.

He also said the Herbert smoked the Überschall, because it was the greatest amp he had tried for metal + it can do everything else. The clean isn't "matchless-clean" but it is very good, and he felt the Über is a one-trick-pony (which we all know by now I guess..)

It is a great amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

All true. A friend of mine used to own a VH4, but he sold it after he heard my Herbert, and bought a Herbie himself. He doesn't even play metal, mostly hard & classic rock, but he dug the voicing of the Herbert more. The VH4 is a tighter, more focused amp with less gain and lowend than the Herbert.

The Über is definitely a one trick pony IMHO. The Herbert is a true 3 channel amp, that is midi controlable, with 2 fx loops, 2 global mv controls (1 is footswitchable), and killer midcut/midboost controls. No comparision.

The Herbert has 3 seperate bias pots, so you can mix-n-match any 3 pairs of power tubes. For example: 2EL34s + 2KT88s + 26L6GCs or 4EL34s + 26550s etc. Depending on the tube compliment, 200W of all tube power. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Both Diezel and Bogner cabs are made by the same company, but to different specs. Also Diezel offers a frontloaded 4X12 which sounds killer with the Herbert.

It is a great amp. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

it seems diezel has a new amp they added to there line.

http://www.diezelamplification.com/html/einstein.htm

Comment

I just sold a Herbert and V412F (front loaded 4x12) today. I've heard just about every amp under the sun (19 years of NAMM shows will do that to you!), and the Herbert is about the closest I've heard to the perfect metal amp.

It's crushingly loud but maintains it's articulate, tight, creamy tone even at high volumes. It kinda sounds like a Dual Rectifier after it's been recorded and eq'd in a million dollar studio.

I get these on a regular basis, or as they become available anyway. So, if anyone has questions on pricing or general info drop me a line.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          it seems diezel has a new amp they added to there line.

http://www.diezelamplification.com/html/einstein.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, I was just checking their site and saw that, too. That looks neat!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I didn't know Screech played bass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I just sold a Herbert and V412F (front loaded 4x12) today. I've heard just about every amp under the sun (19 years of NAMM shows will do that to you!), and the Herbert is about the closest I've heard to the perfect metal amp.

It's crushingly loud but maintains it's articulate, tight, creamy tone even at high volumes. It kinda sounds like a Dual Rectifier after it's been recorded and eq'd in a million dollar studio.

I get these on a regular basis, or as they become available anyway. So, if anyone has questions on pricing or general info drop me a line.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the Herbert sounds more like a Dual Recto than VH-4?
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm a one trick pony..I use ONE tone. I don't need my amp to sound "purdy"..I don't play jazz , country , or hip hops..just Metal..Full blown , balls out...look at my balls metal.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The Herbert has 3 seperate bias pots, so you can mix-n-match any 3 pairs of power tubes. For example: 2EL34s + 2KT88s + 26L6GCs or 4EL34s + 26550s etc. Depending on the tube compliment, 200W of all tube power. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah the Herbert is rated 180 Watt from the factory.
                    they had one of those Einstein's in stock, it's slightly cheaper has a little less gain but it is awesome.

The dude in the store told stories about one dude who flew from Oslo to Trondheim (1 hour flight) just to buy an Über, he tried the Herbert last and left the store with it.
                    Also had one guy who was getting a VHT Pittbull they have, tried both Einstein and Herbert and went with the Einstein (didn't justify the extra cost for the Herb for what he was doing with it)

Hell, I've yet to hear a complaint about this amp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

There is an Einstien allready on Ebay
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/DIEZEL-EINSTEIN-100W...1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the 3 adjustible bias pots and i am really considering getting a herbert.

How is the clean channel? The one reason i love my roadking is the two clean channels are awesome, but if i was to get a herbert the roadking would have to go and i would just keep my rackmount rec which is strictly a gain montser.

Comment

I think I described the clean as good as I can in the initial post, you'll just have to try it for yourself. It smokes everything but the most purist "clean channel tube amps".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I like the 3 adjustible bias pots and i am really considering getting a herbert.

How is the clean channel? The one reason i love my roadking is the two clean channels are awesome, but if i was to get a herbert the roadking would have to go and i would just keep my rackmount rec which is strictly a gain montser.

[/ QUOTE ]

The clean is great. One of the better clean channels you'll find on a channel switching amp. Very Fender-like with plenty of bounce, chime, and warmth. It also has zero breakup, no matter how hard you drive it. I've played the RoadKing, which is a nice amp, but the Herbert is on a totally different plane of existence.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X