ZOOM G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOM G2

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Yeah, I know... Talking about ZOOM makes me look bad. But I picked up a G2 compact multiFX and it's really a cool toy. Maybe, I'll even use it in a live setup because it fits on my pedalboard and I can use just the FX. But really... even the ampmodels are so good, it's scary! Did I mention it's a metal box? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone else had experience with it?

Re: ZOOM G2

You know what is scary... The Zoom G2 has a 5ms channel switching time. Thats 10 times faster than the Vetta.
    That Vetta channel switching lag is still ticking me off.

Comment

Yeah, I'm laughing my ass off! It is sooo fast! It's even useful since you don't have to be careful stepping on it like the 505. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Imo it's just fine talkin about cheap gear!It looks like a nice toy!Congrats!Clips would be much appreciated!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, I'm laughing my ass off! It is sooo fast! It's even useful since you don't have to be careful stepping on it like the 505. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave it to Zoom to have something like that. Great company. That sounds like a nice VERY useful pedal for home, studio and gigging.

Comment

Well I'm thinking of replacing the POD by something similar but floorcontrolled. Would the JCM800 and Dual Rect models, as well as the closest thing to a Blackpanel be as good, or similar to the POD's? Can you save settings and switch them with the footswitches?

Comment

Especially the JCM800 and Dual Rectifier models are very good. Don't be mislead by the factory presets. There are so many tweaking possibilities (i.e. booster, 6 band EQ) to make your own sound. The G2 isn't the most convenient if it comes to on-the-fly adjustments and you best learn all abreviations from the top of your head to be able to tweak it effectively. You can save up to 40 patches saved in 4 banks. I think for a compact multiFX this is the best out there hands down. It definately beats the POD and POD 2.0 and it wouldn't be too bold to say that it can compete with the XT soundwise...

P.S.
              My soundcard doesn't allow me to record some clips but maybe at home of my bandmates I can get some impressions next week.

Comment

Allow me to add a link for reference for future owners:

Yahoo! Groups ZOOM G2

Comment

Thanks for the review! I had a 505-II and a 606, and got great sounds out of both, after discovering a very useful on-line patch depot (probably defunct by now - that was years ago). How are the drum rhythms?

Comment

The drums are decent but nothing more than a less boring metronome. I think they're a useful feature but not for recording and such. You can jam along with it.

Comment

BUMP

I was just curious... Anyone tried one yet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried the one with the expression pedal... sounded a bit dark and a little murky to me. I tried it via the input and via the efx loop of a Laney VC12. I didn't tweak settings, only volumes so I probably didn't give it a fair shake. Felt pretty sturdy and looks hella cool. I might get one to toy with the parameters and use it with my Fender HRD, they are certainly cheap enough.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                        X