Peavey Valve King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valve King

Hey, I just saw the Peavey Valve King 2x12 and I'm kinda interested in it. Anyone played it yet? If so, is it more of a vintage sound, or can it handle modern hi-gain tones too? The price tag on it seemed pretty good too.

Re: Peavey Valve King

I'm curious about that one, too. Not that I need another amp...I just wanna know!

Comment

I haven't seen one yet.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I want to try out the head when they become available. Right now, my combo/cab rig is working out just fine, but for the right price, I might be tempted to change.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to complain that these are made in China. Meanwhile, Chinese food is made in American fast food joints.
        sigpic

Comment

ya..by Hispanic workers..LEE ANN CHIN's BABY! WooooHoooo

Comment

From what I have heard, they are a pretty nice unit, I think a head would be the way to go, as I have heard the speaker is pretty crappy, but I heard a clip played thru a closed cab and it sounded great.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

It looks not half-bad. Wonder how it sounds?

Comment

Yeah, I've heard sound clips of it, and the cleans sound pretty good. The Ultra gain channel sounded all honky and high in mids, like a Slayer type tone. Since I've also heard that the speakers suck, you could probably get the head and connect it to a better Cab.

Comment

I thought the better Peavey Amps were made in the USA? Jack.

Comment

I think the Valve Kings will be the first Peavey tube amps made outside the USA.
                    sigpic

Comment

.........and that is very sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If it is one of the better ones, keep it made here. I may be villified for saying this, but it is just one more item lost to overseas or Mexico, not good. Jack.

Comment

Well...it is about damn time someone made an affordable tube amp.
                        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

i agree

Comment

It's really the only way *new* tube amps can be had for prices within reach of the "starving artists" that are most musicians. I think most of the JCF regulars (including myself) have it better than the majority of gigging musicians, with lots of guitars and gear to go around. I find myself frequently blown away by very established musicians who can hardly afford strings for their entry-level guitars. Inexpensive tube amps will be blessings for a lot of these folks, and American or Chinese will make little difference for the target market.
                            sigpic

Comment

The new Vox amps made in China sound wonderful with a few useful features that were not found on the original models; to get an AC30 head for about $800 is good news for most.

I agree with Inazone. In the mid 80's everyone could afford a used Les Paul and a Marshall 1/2 stack. Seeing a rig like this for about a grand was more than possible. Now with the aging boomers, collectability and the popularity of high ticket boutique products, the average musician is unable to afford pro quality gear.

In a world market economy with strong competition, protectionism and tariffs no longer provide the value of the functions that they were initially set to provide. Here in Japan, it is extremely difficult to find consumer products for mass consumption made in Japan, yet the products all are sold under the names of famous Japanese name brands.

I too am curious about the Valve King. We have a distributor in Tokyo, but they aren't really pushing the brand on this side of the Pacific as of yet. In my city, which has about 8 million in the surrounding area, we don't have a Peavey dealer. Bring on the Valve King!

Comment

Working...
                              X