HD 147....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD 147....

FYI the MAP on the HD147 is way higher than what a dealer can sell it to you for.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I keep going and playing these things, dipping my toe in the water so to speak. Someday I need to just dive in and see for myself what the deal is, and if it works for me or not. Just like John and Sam are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the "plug and play" type guy, the HD147 is a nice choice for a heavy metal modeler. It looks cool too.

Comment

And the editing software is the shit. Works great.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

i had a hd147, great amp, sounds good loud and is easy to use.
          i almost like it more than the vetta.

Comment

the HD147 always sounded majorly fuzzy sounding to me, i was looking at it for the 5150 amp model and my line 6 spider 112 sounded tighter imo

Comment

imo, the spider is the worse sounding amp in the line 6 line up.
              i'm sure the hd147 can get any sound the spider can, if not better.
              all the high gain amp models sound great on the hd147.
              it has to be one of the best amps on the market for price/sound/versatility.

Comment

Prices over here for the HD147 are fantastic. Only $2999 [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey hey. I was one of the guys that bought one of these for the CG crazy $500 prices. I just this week started to use it with my band after messing with it at home for a few months. A few of the cool features of this amp is I can change the sound to accomodate whatever guitar I feel like using. If I want to play a Jackson, it can sound good. If I want to play a Gibson I can change the sound to make it shine. I suppose you can do this with any amp, but it seems to be easier with this amp than any other and there are some really great sounds in it. Now here is a warning. More than any other amp, your cab will make a super big impact on the sound. It seems to favor the Line 6 amps with the "flat responce" type speakers than anything more dark. It hates my old Boogie metal grill cab, it sounds flat and lifeless with the HD 147. It did however sound great with my other guitar players Marshall 1960 cab. It will not be the best amp you ever heard. You guys with Bogners, Diezels and Soldanos will never be beaten, but it dosn't cost $5000 either. It does 95% of the sounds awesome and is very easy to use. I like it alot. I may use my Boogie MK III along side it and see what happens. Hope this helps you all.
                  LATER!!!
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

yeah bro I was very surprized as well as to how that v-ampire sounded very tight very killer and when I stopped it was dead silent , I was also surprised to see how it sounded like a real amp when I turned it up lol it acually responed a bit ? I was bugging dave all jam saying do you like that ... clunk ...silence ...clunk ...silence lol . for the money you can't beat em I got it for store cost so it was about what a good delay pedal goes for up here but the only sound I use is the savage beast so now I bloody got to try one [engl savage 120] or get one lol I have tryed the behringer back to back [I always turn the cab sims off as well] with a mesa single recto through a high end reverra cab and a marshall cab the behringer sounded way tighter and cleaner less noise and I could get it to sound the same tone wise as the mesa no problems . I also have compared it to the marshall sounds the modeled and they sounded the same as well . so long story short I bloody need to try a engl savage 120 !!! the hd 147 sounds killer too only tryed it out shortly before it sold . I was also thinking of trading my head [the xxl] for a spider 2 150 w head they sounded way killer as well but they way line 6 does stuff pisses me off in todays world offering 4 fucking chanels inless you buy the footswitch/floorboard witch up here goes for 400 bucks or you only get to use those 4 chanels that sucks ! but the line 6 stuff is way built better than behringers stuff and tougher , but I only bought the behringer head for studio anyway but please if you try em out turn the bloody cab sim off cause it sounds way way too bloody muddy with that crap . anyway cheers ! //Steve

Comment

Spend some time tweaking it and you really have a monster!

Metal distortion:
                      played together with a USA Jackson it nails the Megadeth tone to the T (Line6 Rectifier and Marshall 1960)
                      played together with a EMG 81 85 equipped guitar it nails the Mesa-Metallica tone again to the T (Diamond Plate and Mesa Boogie low end)

Using the Marshall Silver Jubilee model it does Guns n Roses dirty rock really well, Slash leads are pretty easy duplicated too.

For leads i use Line6 Agro (Octone on red) I get really thick juicy leads like a Soldano Slo, it's a beatiful tone!

If i could only own one amp, this or a Vetta would be it!

Comment

Make sure you spend a fair amount of time with it before you buy, I wasnt able to make it sound like the clips that I have heard. I am 99% sure I was doing something wrong.

I have heard that they dont sound that great in a band situation, with 2 guitars particularly.

I just bought a Spider II HD (Used), and I am loving it....its not incredibly versatile (I really dont need 50 amp models and 40 cab models), but I think it sounds great for metal with EMG pickups, nice cleans too....I run it in stereo through my gflex 212. I am not too sure how it will sound in a band situation...but thats what my 5150II is for. I really just bought this amp for home (recording practicing)

Comment

Working...
                        X