• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Loop?

What exactly does this do?

Is it like a bypass?

I have one on my Fender Roc Pro 1000.

Re: Effects Loop?

It lets you put things after the preamp (usually the 12AX7 tubes on a tube amp) and power amp (the other tubes on a tube amp).

Some effects don't like to go through the initial gain stage (preamp) of your amp. In other words, delay, chorus and such like to repeat the sound after it's been colored, not delay or chorus first then distort. Sounds less crappy that way.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

So could I use this with my Pod 2.0 and bypass for the rectifier sound?

I really like the way it sounds when i use the pod 2.0 on my pc.

Comment

Yup, it should work like that (but I have never had an FX loop that I actually used).
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yeah, you should be fine. I thought the loop was excellent on my old Roc Pro 1000.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

just plug the POD into the return of the loop and you're all set. just turn off the cab simulators.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X