uh oh....just bought a 5150 ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh oh....just bought a 5150 ! ! !

just scored a block letter 5150 head. 755 euro plus shipping (although that one might not be necessary, as i'm gonna play a show in this very city in two weeks, so i might be able to pick it up)
    those heads became EXPENSIVE. you used to get them for 500-600 euro all day long @ evilbay, but the last ones i've seen went for 700 - 800 euro. thats a lot considering they were 955 euro new. anyways, thats still 200 euro less than what i got for my blackmore head [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

i'm excited [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

and YES, bill, now i'm gonna search ebay for a BBE 422a [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: uh oh....just bought a 5150 ! ! !

I said it too. 5150's have increased in price since Peavey stopped making them under the 5150 model #. Especially the block letter EVH's. Nice score. The block letter is a great amp and a nice investment as it is turning out to be.

Comment

Grats man...I've been extremely happy with mine in the short time I've had it. Good score too!

Comment

Throw a boost pedal in front of the rhythm channel and you'll be even happier with it!

Comment

What boost pedal are you using Mogar?

Comment

dude, i had a 5150 for a couple of days (borrowed it from a bud of mine). iirc the crunch channel (rhythm with crunch engaged) had enough gain to cover my metal rhythm needs even without a pedal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

well,boost pedals can be used to add tickness to the amp.Nice amp btw,congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I want one so badly, but I can't find the combo for no more than $600

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  well,boost pedals can be used to add tickness to the amp.Nice amp btw,congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Thats exactly what I use one for. Makes the flub in the low-end tighten up ALOT!
                  BTW- I am using a stock SD-1 as the boost. Give this a run before you get a BBE. Maybe you'll be happy with the cheaper boost rather than search around for a 4XX BBE.

Comment

Get a Diezel Herbert. Trust me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    he'll, you're even in Germany what's keepin' ya [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

A 5150 without a 422 in the loop

is a chick without a Vagina.

Congrats Bother!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I'm a cheapass that always convinces himself that what he has is "good enough". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats Bother!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn thats funny.

Comment

I still fucking love my 5150...Just got a Maxon OD808 for it...this shit is insane. I feel no need for a BBE, either. it's perfect as is!

Although, I don't like the head that much without that OD infront.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I still fucking love my 5150...Just got a Maxon OD808 for it...this shit is insane. I feel no need for a BBE, either. it's perfect as is!

Although, I don't like the head that much without that OD infront.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're running one of those G-Flex cabs right?

Comment

Working...
                              X