Pickups for a DXMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for a DXMG?

Only got one response in the Import Jackson forum.

I need some help selecting pickups for my DXMG. The guitar is going to be tuned down to drop C (drop D, but everything tuned down a full step further) and will be played through a 5150. Music is black metal with a touch of death metal (lots of speedy trem picking sections), but we're not always going high gain, a couple of different clean sections throughout. I have a Duncan JB, as well as a neck pickup of some sort (I think it is a Jazz), and also an EMG81. I'm leaning towards the JB, but I'm not too sure how it will sound with the DXMG as I've only used the JB in heavy, neck thru USA's. Thoughts?

Re: Pickups for a DXMG?

The Dimarzio Drop Sonic might be a good choice. Depending on how far you set it from the strings, it really does effect how much gain you get out of it. It did clean tones pretty decent too. Not near as good as the SD 59', but I think it would be ok for black metal. I think the JB is a nice rounded pickup too. Really, if you can do it yourself, or know someone who can, just grab a soldiering gun and have it ready next to your amp. That's what a friend of mine had to do. 3 pickup installs later and he's got his tone! Don't think you'll be satisfied unless you hear it firsthand anyway. We can tell ya, but it's best to hear for yourself

Comment

Working...
    X