Bogner XTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner XTC

so what do you guys think of the 101B's, i can get a almost brand new one, with a/ab and master outs for each channel for 2600.

Re: Bogner XTC

Good deal.
    I used to see used ones for around 2k couple years ago but these deals are not anymore.
    Most of the time,I see them going around 2.5k on Ebay.
    if lucky, less money but no gurantee on tubes

Comment

I think thats a good deal. I think I paid around 2400 for mine (eBay) and I don't have the A Class option or each individual outs. They are great amps and I don't regret spending the money on it one bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I would say that is a fair deal if it is in great shape. They are a fantastic sounding amp (although they take a bit of time and tweaking to get comfortable with) if you like a hot rod Marshall type of sound.
        I was a Bogner dealer in the late 90's and that price is in line with what I would sell a used one for.

Comment

it is so hard, i played one and loved it, but only at low volumes, i dont know i am really in love with my marshall 2204 right now so maybe i should just be happy with that!

Comment

Siggy good deal nowadays bit fabtastic but better than most IMO. I say get it but if you pass, gimmie the lead please!!!!!
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tesuo, you got a PM.

Comment

Siggy I'm willing to bet you will end up with one eventually. I did the same thing except I didn't get to play one, I just kept listening to clips of it. I bought a VHT 50 CL to pacify but eventually it kept calling me until I answered and bought one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ecstasys are my type of amp, great for 80-90's hard rock ad metal.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Siggy I'm willing to bet you will end up with one eventually. I did the same thing except I didn't get to play one, I just kept listening to clips of it. I bought a VHT 50 CL to pacify but eventually it kept calling me until I answered and bought one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ecstasys are my type of amp, great for 80-90's hard rock ad metal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know i might just eventually buy one, but for the 80's sound i am in heaven with my JCM800 and a boost pedal, i am thinking for high gain i can just use my toher amps, very rarely do i play different styles at the same time, but we will see what happens.

By the way, do you really only have to use Sevt tubes in it, or just for warrently purpose they say that?

Thanks,

Todd

Comment

I just tried one of these recently at BostonGuitarworks.
                    I thought it totally kicked ass. the amount of eq and settings on it are a bit overwhelming but it sounded great.
                    Just way too much money for an amp that is only going to
                    get playtime in my house.
                    If I was actively gigging I would seriously consider getting one.
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Well i bought the used one off ebay that i gave the link for, got it for 2600 shipped, time to put the roadking up for sale, i will miss it, but hell the rackmount just kills it anyway in tone wise. Verstility the roadking wins hands down.

Comment

Man, someday...someday I will have an Ecstacy. Someday...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Man, someday...someday I will have an Ecstacy. Someday...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean chuck, in order to get this amp i just put my mesa roadking and my mesa stiletto up for sale on ebay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But i will be happy with this and my Dual Rackmount and i am thinking of taking my 1984 marshall JCM800 and having Vodoo do all there wonderfull mod's they have for the 800's, like the extra gain stages, bottom and global control etc.. When i opened it up on the inside of the chasis there is an extra hole so it was modded once allready and returned to stock, so i figure what the hell i paid $600 for it, i am gonna drop another $600 into it and hopefully i will have one kick ass amp by the time it is done.

Comment

That will make a damn fine trio of amps, too! All possible bases coverd!
                            Ya know, it's funny...I'm no stranger to the Ecstacy, played a few, and I've never thought of it as a "modded Marshall" type of amp. It seems to have it's own thing going on the me.

Comment

Well plans changed in a quick instance, just purchased a 1977 JMP on ebay for $950, damn i hate ebay. Check it out... looks like the 1984 is going up for sale.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

Comment

Working...
                              X