Brief new gear tryout this AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief new gear tryout this AM

I got the Brunetti Mille preamp on Monday but hadn't hooked it up yet. I got a Carvin V220 from JGCable yesterday. I picked up the V220 because back in the day my singer had one and it was my backup guitar most of the time (I had no money for my own backup).

So this morning I unpacked the Carvin and played it a bunch. Then I went downstairs to plug it in so I figured I ought to hook up the Mille real quick too. So what did I discover?
    <ul type="square">[*]The V220 neck is as awesome as I remember. I really like this neck. The guitar looks cool as heck even with a few potholes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img][*]The V220 sounds as bad as I remember [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - those Carvin pickups are so fucking shrill it's unbelievable - Duncan's will be purchased ASAP for this.[*]The Brunetti Mille is *really* nice so far. The controls are very interactive - it will take a bit to dial this in but my preliminary experimentation is positive.[*]And finally, the following signal path KICKS ASS - EVH Art Series Charvel -&gt; Brunetti Mille (on the the Crunch channel) -&gt; VHT 2502 -&gt; Avatar 4x12 w/V30's and a Carvin 4x12. Wow. That sounded awesome this morning.[/list]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Brief new gear tryout this AM

And finally, the following signal path KICKS ASS - EVH Art Series Charvel -> Brunetti Mille (on the the Crunch channel) -> VHT 2502 -> Avatar 4x12 w/V30's and a Carvin 4x12. Wow. That sounded awesome this morning.

THATS BETTER THAN WHEATIES!!!

Comment

BTW John, thanks for the guitar. I really like the way that thing feels.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you like it Tim. Yea, those pickups are weak. They are the M22S/D's which are Carvins hottest. Yea.. right. They do sound really nice clean though. That guitar has a serious neck on it. If you rip the pickups out, save them. Carvinites love those old stock pickups. They changed the design on the mounting(adjustment) tabs on them in the 90's to a 3 screw design. I believe those are 4 screw which makes the bezels and the pickups fairly sought after by Carvinites.

Comment

Post a pic of the Brunetti will ya?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

k

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you like it Tim. Yea, those pickups are weak. They are the M22S/D's which are Carvins hottest. Yea.. right. They do sound really nice clean though. That guitar has a serious neck on it. If you rip the pickups out, save them. Carvinites love those old stock pickups. They changed the design on the mounting(adjustment) tabs on them in the 90's to a 3 screw design. I believe those are 4 screw which makes the bezels and the pickups fairly sought after by Carvinites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I replaced the m22sd in my 87 ultra v with a rio grande bbq humbucker. Highly recommended. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Post a pic of the Brunetti will ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                X