Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Transtube series. I shall miss mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Transtube series. I shall miss mine.

I just sold my Peavey Envoy (40 watts version of the bandit basically) and I plugged it in to show to the dude... And wow... I forgot just how good the 'modern' settings on the Distortion channel sounds and how singing the cleans are (for an SS amp). It really struck me, I didn't give this amp a chance with the FullShred (I played it only when I still had the J50BC) and WOW... pinching is so easy like that. Great sound truly. Post your thoughts about the transtube series on here. I know that if I ever need a great sounding SS amp, the Envoy will always be there.

Re: Peavey Transtube series. I shall miss mine.

i have played around with a few and i wish they were around when i started playing. i like them, and it would have saved me a lot of money when i was younger. i have no hate for the transtube...to me they set the standard for small SS practice amps.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I sold my Peavey Bandit 112 last year, and I miss it. I currently have a Audition 110, but it doesn't have the same personality as the Bandit.

Comment

My favorite non-tube amp, and I'm really picky.
        I think I could own a transtube and nothing else, and damn near be happy!

Comment

I used to have a Peavey Renown which was 130 watt SS 2x12 combo with scorpion speakers. That thing smoked man, the only thing I didnt like was the screeching feedback you'd get if you didn't turn the guitars volume down in time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would have liked to keep it but I traded it in on a 2203 when I was poor in the 80's
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have an XXL which I freakin love...
            I almost got a bandit one time but I went for a Mesa combo that I ended up ditching soon after to go for the XXL.. the bandit would have been a nice choice, but I'm glad I somehow wound up with the XXL.

Comment

I bought a TransTube Express 112 brand new as my first "real" amp. Got a few good years out of it, then traded it in toward a TransTube Special 212 (Sheffield version). I found an old Peavey 212SX cab to run under it, and life was good.

Although that's no longer my main rig, I still use it for jamming at home. It's been many years, and no problems.
              sigpic

Comment

My drummer has a Transtube 112 and it blew away my old Spider 112. Although I had efx, his sounds big and the distortion is juicy. I saw a metal band one night and the guitarist used a Transtube head/Peavey 4X12. His riffs were nasty fast like a German MG-42. His tone was perfect for their style of music.

Comment

I own a XXL, which right now is doing backup duties (read: has never been touched) since I got my ENGL Fireball head. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  But it's definitely a very good head and served me well; the other guitarist from my band Devastator still uses his and gets brutal sounds.

The funny thing is the XXL head weighs more than most tube heads. 22 kilos or something.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I have an Envoy 110. Last year I jammed at my friend's house. He has a 5150 combo and he thought the Envoy sounded better than his 5150. Nice little amps.

Comment

I've always had a revolving door of small SS amps thinking that maybe one day I'd land on one that would stick for a while. You know, sometimes you just don't want to mess with tubes warming up, hooking up all of your other stuff, etc, etc....you just want to plug and go. Plus, I like trying out different things anyway. I picked up a Transtube Special II 2X12 a few months ago and man, this one may be it. Like Shawn's experience, it's got some feedback and you have to compensate for it. It would almost be annoying if it didn't sound so good. No effects (which I like) but the range of different distortions and clean sounds is pretty damn good. It exceeded my expectations. I still want to try out other things but I may keep this one anyway. So, I may just have to have more amplifiers.... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Studiopro 112, and I really like it. The setting between modern and vintage really seems to give me the 80's tone I want. I think that I got the most bang for my buck when I bought mine last year.

Comment

I've owned several, and all were good...old Renown, Bandit 75, Studio Pro 40, even a little Rage. Peavey is always underated for some reason. I just hope the Valvekings turn out right.
                          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I own a bandit 112. The high gane metal tone for rhythm kicks ass - but not that great for lead/soloing. that's why i'm looking for something to boost it maybe

Comment

I have owned several Peavey SS amp, some good, some bad, I didn't care for my Express 112S (sheffield speaker), tons of distortion but way too much hum, the USA Rages are great for what they are, while the Chinese made Blazers (same amp w/ reverb)are total crap, Bandits are fantastic amps, I have a Backstage plus that is a killer little amp, (ebay 45 bucks), If more people listened to what these cheap amps actually sounded like and paid less attention to what their friends told them was cool, more people would be on the Peavey bandwagon.
                              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                              X