Diezel's *can* sound like ass too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diezel's *can* sound like ass too!

Weezer was on Leno tonight and their guitar players were using VH4's. They sounded like crap (my apologies to crap everywhere). The good thing about the guitar tone is that it as bad as it was, it was still better than the song.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Diezel\'s *can* sound like ass too!

[ QUOTE ]
    Weezer was on Leno tonight and their guitar players were using VH4's. They sounded like crap (my apologies to crap everywhere). The good thing about the guitar tone is that it as bad as it was, it was still better than the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I just about spit water everywhere reading this. I'll have to tune in to check it out. Leno starts up soon here. Wait... Its on now.

Comment

Give a monkey a computer and he'll just try to eat it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill said it best...as always [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll bring you some salt and some hot sauce bro!!

Comment

The weird thing is, they were on the Howard Stern show a few days ago, and Rivers' guitar sound was kickass!! I assumed he was using a Bogner, because the only other time I heard such an awesome tone was seeing Finger 11 live, and their guitar player was using a Uberschall.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'll bring you some salt and some hot sauce bro!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

I have videos from a harmony central ampfest that took place in 2002 or so... all sorts of cool amps. The diezel VH4 clips on there sound like crap to me.

Then again, any amp can be dialled in to sound like crap, and you're always at the mercy of the sound guy. Some guys with Diezels on HC get some amazing tones.

Pete

Comment

I saw them live in concert and there tone was alot better, i think it had alot to do with the soundman last night, i saw it too and thought it sounded horrible compared to what they are suppose to sound like. The sad thing is i have seen them 5 times in concert and everytime they have sounded awesome, 1 time they were using the marshall 6100LM's, 3 times they were using original pod pro's directly into the PA System and the last time they were using the diezels. Just goes to show a good sound man can make or break how you sound.

Comment

OH yeah, and i think they could really improve there sound if they stopped using those shitty marshall 1960 cabs, i love marshall dont get me wrong, but there newer cabs just do not even come close to the diezel or mesa cabs.

Comment

it could be the fact that you are listening to music through your TV speakers (assuming that most people do)

i saw the performance last night and i thought their guitar sound was mighty thick and heavy for the type of music they play.

did anyone catch the Wiezel logo on the amps?

Comment

I am listening through a surround system. The sound is quite good. I'm sure the logo change was something Diezel asked them to do - better for folks to not know that was a Diezel amp making that sound.

- Newc

Comment

hehe

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I am listening through a surround system. The sound is quite good. I'm sure the logo change was something Diezel asked them to do - better for folks to not know that was a Diezel amp making that sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually they hide there amps on this last tour, i guess with being on jay they couldnt have there full stage. You know to me Richie from BJ sounded like crap the time i saw him and his herberts, so maybe i just dont like the voicing of the diezels, but then agian like i said weezer did sound good live in concert, however i think i liked them better with the marshalls.

Comment

Definitely user error.

There are some people that can't dial in a good tone to save their life. So it seems like those fruits in Weezer would fit in this category.

Honestly, when I think of good tone, Weezer doesn't immediately jump to mind. However when I think of fruity emo bands with goofy haircuts and thick-rimmed glasses that sing sappy sad songs about how their fat girlfriend left them for another woman, I think of Weezer.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW Gavin Rossdale and his new band Institue was on Leno a few nights back and he sounded fine thru his Diezel VH4... so go figure. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X