Jam room set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jam room set up

So what is the best way set up in a garage sized room? Drums (Un Miced) small PA for vocal only just two wedges. Two guitars with 4x12 cabs and a bass playing through a small wedge set up...Drummer is loud and there is a lot of double kick so we have to turn up quite loud...This makes for a very washed out jam. Any suggestions? We have tried a couple different ways but still washed out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Re: Jam room set up

Get one of those plexi-glass screens for the drummer. Believe it or not, those make a huge difference.

Comment

Yeah that would help I'll bet because we could turn down a bit...Just too much volume bouncing around that room.

I wonder how others set up...Traditional stage set up with amps beside drummer or facing? Last jame we had our cabs to the side facing each other just.

Thanx!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Get one of those plexi-glass screens for the drummer. Believe it or not, those make a huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate's band has one of those setup and they help a ton especially with cymbal wash / snare. The only slight problem is that they have to run a guitar cab over to the drummer for him to clearly hear it.

One band we practice with a "stage" setup where everyone is facing in the same direction, helps definitely simulating live gigs without monitors. The other band just has a wacky setup guitars by the drummer, bass off in a corner, PA in each corner. It is all about finding out what works for your room / rigs.

Comment

That reminds me of a show once...

We played a place that used a 5 ft tall plexi screen that surrounded the drummer and the kit went in the corner, totally enclosed really.

They put the fog machine next to the drummer, and gave me the pedal...

I'm shredding away and stomp the pedal a while... waiting and waiting, I look back like "where the friggin smoke???", and drummer dude was all covered in a dense bank of fog to where we couldn't even see him. So bad it was pouring out the top and he could hardly breathe and was like Helllllppp!!! Still playing though!! hahaha

We rescued him and went on about the show...

Comment

Bahaha! I fuckin hate smoke machines...Especially when they are on a timer..."Oh shit...here it comes"! I always seem to get it...Total Spinal Tap shit too...I end up kicking it out of the way.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              We rescued him and went on about the show...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a true Spinal Tap moment...classic [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X