Diezel, Bogner Shootout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diezel, Bogner Shootout.

You know , Mike Z named that little Carmen Ghia amp after his kid..I was there when he named it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I used to hang in his shop everday..very nice guy , I miss him. I must call him to say hello.

My uber rules! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i almost sold my uber to buy a diezel. thne first time i played the herbert i loved it. and i put my uber up forsale. but i played it 2 more times and i decided i like my uber way better. its not about price because i can afford the diezel but i just liked the bogner voicing better.

Comment

I didn't realize they (Washington Music), had Diezels....I'll have to go by and check them out. That store is where I played the XTC for the first time....I owned one two weeks later. I bought both of my Bogner cabs from them. Last time I was there, they didn't have a Uber....I'll have to get by.

Comment

I didn't know Chuck's had Diezels either. Looks like there's gonna be a road trip for me in the near future.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

they are not listed as a dealer on the website, so either they just managed to get one of each head in, or they are now a dealer and the website hasnt been updated. Glad they have a selection of amps that you cant seem to find anywhere else, i have another bogner dealer right down the road from me, they have no heads in and wont get in any for 3 months, what a shame.

Comment

Who is that dealer Siggy? I'd like to find locally some amp dealers who stock the following brands:

Soldano
              Bad Cat (I think there is a shop in Annapolis)
              Suhr
              Two Rock
              VHT
              Diezel (Although it appears we have a dealer now)
              Engl

I havn't looked real hard and I guess the truth is that I'd be F'ing broke if local dealers had all this stuff. Anybody know where these amps can be demo'd local to DC/Maryland/Virginia?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Who is that dealer Siggy? I'd like to find locally some amp dealers who stock the following brands:

Soldano
                Bad Cat (I think there is a shop in Annapolis)
                Suhr
                Two Rock
                VHT
                Diezel (Although it appears we have a dealer now)
                Engl

I havn't looked real hard and I guess the truth is that I'd be F'ing broke if local dealers had all this stuff. Anybody know where these amps can be demo'd local to DC/Maryland/Virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ment it was nice to have chucks that stock bogners, diezels, peaveys, Hughes and kettner and koch and some other oddballs, they also have Krank, i refuse to try it out though.

Comment

I was in there one time and asked if I could try out the XTC and they were like, Sure but man you have GOT to try this Krank..you will forget the XTC....what a buzzy piece of shit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The only thing that's not too cool with Chucks is that if you don't appear to have money or whatever....they basically don't want you playing with the high end stuff which to an extent I can understand. I've never had a problem but my younger brother went in there and they didn't want to let him play with the Bogner toys...it made him feel like shit and I can understand that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I was in there one time and asked if I could try out the XTC and they were like, Sure but man you have GOT to try this Krank..you will forget the XTC....what a buzzy piece of shit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The only thing that's not too cool with Chucks is that if you don't appear to have money or whatever....they basically don't want you playing with the high end stuff which to an extent I can understand. I've never had a problem but my younger brother went in there and they didn't want to let him play with the Bogner toys...it made him feel like shit and I can understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never had that problem at chucks, and trust me i dont dress fancy, usually a crappy tshirt and jeans and looking rough. However i have had that problem in other places and then i just get raw on them.

Comment

I went to Chuck's today to check things out. My conclusions are:
                      The Ubershall just fucking rocks! But that's all it does. The Ectasy is great but I was not thrilled for the price tag. I like the Diezel VH4 much better. The Herbet is about the same thing. For that caliber of amp, I would go with the Bogner. I think I'm partial to the Bogner sound for whatever reason. Can't explain.

Now the part I hate to admit. I played an Uber and then played the Uber (Bomber) patch on the Vetta and damn if it wasn't almost dead on. Now I love my tube amps but shit! When your talking about $2800 for a Uber (one trick pony) and the Vetta $1600 that does the Uber and a hundred other amps and effects. I don't know fellas. It made me really think today. Okay, go ahead and give me crap.
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                      X