Need help choosing an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing an amp

We're preparing to open (or build??)a home studio. We're going to rent a place for this, we don't have much time and money to complete the missing gear. So what I'm looking for is a cheap but powerfull amp, at least 60 watts! (if it counts powerfull [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) We're planning to enter our pod xt's to the "return" input of the amp...

Maybe I should not expect much from a cheap amp but I'll list them anyway because I nearly know nothing about amps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] First of all I think I can pay 200$ for one (from the rough calculations I made, including shipping it will cost something like 300-350$ to me) And the most important thing is that it should be an amp of a known label (sounds silly but otherwise I won't be able to sell it here when I have the money to buy something better) I want the amp to sound as natural as possible and it should be something stable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To ask a specific question, does anyone here recommend the behringer gx 212 amps?

Thanks for your help! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Re: Need help choosing an amp

i would recommend a line 6 spider or something like a fender princeton 65 or any of their dynatouch amps. they sound good for the money and have name recognition. another option would be an older marshall valvestate, like a VS65, VS80 or VS100.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

MD thanks a lot for your advice!

I bid on 2 gx 212's last night, and today I'm the owner of 2 of them... I didn't think they'll end this low [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Any comments about the price and the amps?

http://cgi.ebay.com/No-Reserve-Behri...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/No-Reserve-Behri...QQcmdZViewItem
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Peavey Ultra 60 head or combo 1x12 or 2x12 or 4x10. Great amos and very powerfull and loud. Jack.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but I've bought the amps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Any idea on the amps and the price?
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Working...
          X