Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've joined the Engl Powerball club finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've joined the Engl Powerball club finally!

Hey guys

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've scored a Powerball and I eagerly awaiting it's arival!,
    I know people love the splawn cabs with thier Powerball so I ordered one, I got it unloaded as I can get a REALLY good deal on eminence or celestion's so what is the favourite speaker here? also what is the favourite set of tubes used here? I play mahogany bodied Dimebag guitars with Dimebuckers and either an air norton or 59 in the neck, the guitars can be dark sounding and really round, but also very bright and abrasive which is what I like, it all depends on the amp. Anyhow, any advice given is great!

Cheers!

Chris

RIP Dime!!!!

Re: I\'ve joined the Engl Powerball club finally!

On speakers, it would probaly depend on what style of music you are playing? I Would assume by the power ball you are into metal, what type? Normaly i would say go with a x pattern of a mix between the V30's and the 75 celestions.

Comment

I play extreme metal my own take but similar to Nile, Morbid Angel, Melechesh, Orphaned Land, Immolation.

I need to cut through really well, my drummer is pretty quick and his kick is very loud as well as his blast beats,

I was thinking of trying the Eminence speakers out? any reco's on those?

Chris

Comment

i'm running my powerball through a mesa trad. V30's with stock tubes.sounds fucking killer. \m/

Comment

I've found that a smaller cab to my ears sounds better with my guitars, I will try a mesa traditional cab, but my cabs with V30's aren't the best match with this amp, it still sounds awesome, but I tried it with a Marshall 1960B Lead vintage cab and it sounded fucking unreal! so, I suppose I'll keep waiting for my splawn cab

Thansk guys!

Chris

Comment

Mesa Trad. Cab > everything but a Bogner.

Comment

Working...
            X