Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp bargain I had to share with you guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp bargain I had to share with you guys...

butchers were very JCM800ish, the VTMs were like a 'factory modded' JCM800. If they weren't so damn ugly and cursed with the Peavey name, I think they could have sold a ton of them.

Pete

Comment

Great amp best bargain out there and if you can find a cab they had 80 watt celestions in them.

Comment

I got a near mint one off of ebay for $175 shipped. What makes it not mint is the term "nuthin fancy" is spray painted in white on the bottom. Gotta love the 80s. I'm sure the tubes are ancient, but I havn't gotten around to changing em yet. I'm about to make a diamondplate grill for it. I think it kicks ass, and I dare you to do better for twice the money, or more. No positive results with the dipswitches though.
        twisteramps - please keep me updated on anything at all you find out, or do. Thanks to a trade, I now have one of your preamp pedals which kills with the amp, but the sacrifice is volume level. I can play a bit above bedroom level, my two 60 watters have their masters at between two or three, but to turn down to that level with your pedal kills makes the amp no fun, since the powertubes aren't singing.

Comment

any updates? and lmk what tubes you wind up putting in it, mine needs a retube as well.

Comment

I thought about doin the very same thing Pete, I have a few transformers and parts lying about that I was wondering what amp I could use as a base for a mod platform and these older Peaveys came up as being the option.

Comment

Sweet deal, Pete - look forward to the updates! The designer you mentioned, was that James Brown?

Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Keith - yep.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X