laney solid state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laney solid state?

I've heard good things about the tube amps made by Laney (hey, if they're good enough for Paul Gilbert, good enough for me!)

My question is more about Laney's solid state amps. Anybody have any opinions?

Re: laney solid state?

I've been told that the old Linebacker's are very good for the price.

I've got an 80's AOR Pro Tube (all tube, not SS) and I love it, it kicks all sorts of ass.

Comment

The old Linbacker heads are among the worst sounding amps of all time IMO.

Comment

I have two AOR's - 50 head and 50 combo. Both are great.

Comment

Laney SS blows
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

+ 1 more for the Linebackers being junk.

Comment

I love my PL 100.I use it with a Genz Benz 2x12 cab and it works great.........
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Laney SS blows

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, perhaps the linebacker does.

I just remember there being a thread here not to long ago where somebody was highly praising their Linebacker.

But those new Laney Solid state amps are among the most accurate tube-emulating amps I've ever heard.

Comment

That was jgcable. He got a PL100 and liked it quite a lot. Said it killed the Randall RG100ES, for example. There's another guy here who uses them and loves them too, has a few of them, but I just can't recall who he is at the moment.

Well, one man's meat is another's poison...
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

IIRC Cris Oliva used some ss laney for some time right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      That was jgcable. He got a PL100 and liked it quite a lot. Said it killed the Randall RG100ES, for example. There's another guy here who uses them and loves them too, has a few of them, but I just can't recall who he is at the moment.

Well, one man's meat is another's poison...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. The PL100 kills the Randall RG100ES in every repect. Its one of the best if not THE best SS 100w high gain amp I have ever owned or heard. Just remember... its not a tube amp which means the clean will be excellent with tons of headroom but the gain channel won't push as much air as a high gain tube amp. You can get one for under $300.00! You can't beat that price.

Comment

Working...
                      X