Seymour Duncan EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan EVH

Just ordered my second from MJ at the custom shop. They keep a record of all your past purchases. Pulled up my info. and remembered me from the last time because I ordered a yellow one. She doesn't do many in that color (yellow in a red warmoth soloist body). She had all my prior spec's (resistance and gauss). This pickup, without a doubt is everything it's claimed to be. Not for the inexperienced. Very and I mean very attack and volume sensitive. I currently run a 74 Marshall 50W/4X12BX through a Hotplate. I run the line out on the hotplate to a Marshall 9100 50/50 rack head and into 2 Fender Tone Master 2X12 cabs. Also 3 eq's,flanger,phaser and delay in the chain. The early EVH sound is easily acheived with this setup and pickup. Curious if anyone else has tried this pickup.

Re: Seymour Duncan EVH

Yep, I have one in my bullseye that was custom wound for me... Great pickup ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

+1 I love them.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Agreed. Awesome pickup. Too bad it's custom shop only.

Comment

Has anyone tried mounting straight to the body vs. springs and screws and if so what were the differences? I realize body and neck woods play a role.

Comment

I have one in an SLATQH.....I like but I wish it was a tad hotter.

Comment

I have a home brewed version that is a combination of a Custom and a '59. It is a very open and warm pickup, but it does lack a little juice. Has that saggy bottom end and overall roundness of tone. Mine is even a little hotter than the real EVH, it pegs out at 10.5 ohms.

It is in my maple SD Charvel, it replaced a smoking hot Schaller Hot Stuff. I am still trying to get used to it.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I think an EVH, 12.5-13 ohm version with a bit of a tighter bass would be about perfect. The mids are just right and the highs are never ice picky....the bass just has a bit of a thickness to it that is a bit difficult to dial out however it is most definately solid....don't get me wrong it's good but by the time I've toned the bass down w/ my amps eq it starts getting a bit thinner sounding than what I like so I go to the mids to try and compensate and my amp already being pretty mid heavy...it's a fine line. It's like ,"just about there", for me.

Comment

Working...
                X