No announcement yet.

Soldano SP-77/Carvin T100 review..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Soldano SP-77/Carvin T100 review..

[ QUOTE ]
    So.. riddle me this Batman. How do I get delay, chorus, solo boost by using my hands? I can get my guitar to make all kinds of sick noises. Especially my Universe. That guitar is almost alive.. but I can say with 100% certainty that I can't get my tone to have a 420ms delay or add stereo chorus to it or have a solo volume boost by using my hands. C'mon bro. Most of us don't run a dry signal or have a soundman giving us post amp effects at the board. Delay, chorus and solo volume boost is a necessary part of most guitar rigs.

[/ QUOTE ]

John - you're missing the point. You're complaining about the buffered outs on a Boss pedal and a bit of high-end loss yada, yada. So the way to fix it is to buy this, that, or something else. At the end of the day, that sort of thing is in the noise and you should be able to get good sounds out of your rig since it's all reasonbly good stuff.

Can you do better? Absolutely. Will it make you feel better and maybe even play better? Maybe, sure, probably?!?

A lot of this stuff is hype brought about on the Internet and Eric Johnson interviews.

The first time I saw someone on an Internet forum bust out readings from an oscilloscope to *prove* to me that one pedal was better than another I just about lost it. I was truly ROTFLMAO. The dude really got pissed when I replied that "when they start passing out oscilloscopes to the audience, I will start caring about the readings from one". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

And please don't misinterpret anything I see to mean you shouldn't keep bitching about, discovering, and buying gear - it's all part of the fun.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Lerx, I used Bill's G-Major for six months, hehe. So, I'm down with that unit and love it.

Actually, it's still almost like I own it anyways. Hehe... He's reading the manual now though and I'll be out of another job soon, hahaha...

Comment

"The dude really got pissed when I replied that "when they start passing out oscilloscopes to the audience, I will start caring about the readings from one"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          dude, thank you very much....i have a new signature [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that's a classic

....unfortunately, the whole quote was 5 characters too long [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            And please don't misinterpret anything I see to mean you shouldn't keep bitching about, discovering, and buying gear - it's all part of the fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all Tim. I am learning more with every post. I am a gear whore and I always will be. I am going to go the parametric route for now to see how it goes. I have always wanted to try one too.

Comment

G major works well with the SLO. It should work fine with your setup JG. Also, So does the Rocktron Patchmate switcher. So If you want to use that with your pedals that will work. I did that with my SLO and a ton of BOSS pedals and it sounded very good.

Comment

My Girly Rack... Someday, it will be grown...

Comment

John, I really don't want to get rid of my G-major, but if you want you can use it for a while to see if you like it. I'm not using it right now, but I think I'm going to build a rack again in a few months. You can use it in the mean time to see if you can get your hands around it. It's even in its own rack bag with a power strip. I'll give it to you next time we hook up. I love it and can't see getting rid of it for any reason. I think it's what you are looking for.
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X