OK I joined the Line 6 family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I joined the Line 6 family

Thanks to those of you who responded to my Spider II post a couple of weeks ago.

this past week end I finally broke down and went to one of my local guitar stores. I took my old Crate G60GT I kept my matching Crate 1X12 cabinet and my Charvel model 375 for trade bait.

I went to get one of the Spiders. I played on a few crate, fenders, and Spiders. Then I found a used Flextone II. I plugged in and wasn't real hot on the setting that someone had programmed into it. I switched to manual and started smiling. This thing nailed several different tones while just playing with it in the store. it finally got me when I switched on the swell/delay, can anyone say Cathedral.

I had to have it so it was business time. He wanted to see the Charvel first. Not many around here at all. As luck would have it he had recently received a Trans amber Jackson import. I was not going to be rid of that fucking guitar again. I have told my wife I could tke this thing high up into the mountains drop it off and it would probably beat me home. I will say this for her though the old Charvie killed the Jackson in the flame department. Also the Charvel was more of an amber color were the Jackson was orange.

We moved over to my old Crate. I bought this new in 1988. He questioned me about the red logo and red piping. I explained that Crate put out the GT series with the white backed 70 watt Celestion speakers. He flipped the amp around, I saw his eyes light up when saw the Celestion. He offered up $150. I think that was more than I paid for when it was new. I know he is probably going to pull the speaker to sell it seperately. I jumped at the offer I was only expecting $75 to $85.

Anyhoo I'm am now sold on modelling amps. I have been digging this thing the whole week.

Re: OK I joined the Line 6 family

Have fun with the new setup!

Comment

Congrats! I was sucked in by the dark side a while back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

yeah... its a pretty nice way to go. I ended up going for a PodXT Pro,G-Major, 2.6c Peavey Power Amp into 2 2x12 Genz Benz G-Flex cabs. The tones you can get out of them are pretty damn nice. Glad I went towards "The Dark Side." Make sure to visit www.instituteofnoise.com and the line6 forums.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Congratz. I played a Flextone IIxl for years. I put a set of Celestion Vin 30's in it and it made it 100% better.
          Get the longboard!

Comment

Congrats. I've got a Flextone III Plus myself. It's a great amp with tons of versatility for those of us who can't afford a different amp for each different sound. I mean, it would be nice to have a few Fenders, Marshalls, Soldanos, Mesas, etc. for every mood. But I don't see myself being at that point any time soon. So the Flextone was definitely a good buy for me. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks to those of you who responded to my Spider II post a couple of weeks ago.

this past week end I finally broke down and went to one of my local guitar stores. I took my old Crate G60GT I kept my matching Crate 1X12 cabinet and my Charvel model 375 for trade bait.

I went to get one of the Spiders. I played on a few crate, fenders, and Spiders. Then I found a used Flextone II. I plugged in and wasn't real hot on the setting that someone had programmed into it. I switched to manual and started smiling. This thing nailed several different tones while just playing with it in the store. it finally got me when I switched on the swell/delay, can anyone say Cathedral.

I had to have it so it was business time. He wanted to see the Charvel first. Not many around here at all. As luck would have it he had recently received a Trans amber Jackson import. I was not going to be rid of that fucking guitar again. I have told my wife I could tke this thing high up into the mountains drop it off and it would probably beat me home. I will say this for her though the old Charvie killed the Jackson in the flame department. Also the Charvel was more of an amber color were the Jackson was orange.

We moved over to my old Crate. I bought this new in 1988. He questioned me about the red logo and red piping. I explained that Crate put out the GT series with the white backed 70 watt Celestion speakers. He flipped the amp around, I saw his eyes light up when saw the Celestion. He offered up $150. I think that was more than I paid for when it was new. I know he is probably going to pull the speaker to sell it seperately. I jumped at the offer I was only expecting $75 to $85.

Anyhoo I'm am now sold on modelling amps. I have been digging this thing the whole week.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason i prefer the older flextone II's over the III's, but to be honest i have not sat down with a III and really played with it yet, but right now i am happy with my two pods 2.0's.

Comment

Working...
              X