Rocktron Prophesy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Prophesy?

Anyone out there using one of these? I've never tried one and I've been thinking of getting one. Just wanted a little feedback from people that might me using one.

THANKS!

Re: Rocktron Prophesy?

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone out there using one of these? I've never tried one and I've been thinking of getting one. Just wanted a little feedback from people that might me using one.

THANKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have thought about getting one too, i believe machine head uses these going into there 5150's. They had a tour of there equiptment at one time but not anymore that i can find, but i didnt look that hard.

Comment

I've had two of them, and they're good sounding preamps. The only problem I had, was that I wanted an in between sound, and it's not very good at that. It has a great clean, and great heavy distortion, but it doesn't do a mild overdrive very well. The effects are great though. Dave Mustaine uses one with a Marshall EL34 100/100 poweramp. (Excellent power amp btw)

Comment

I got decent in between sounds out of a Phophesy by setting all the knobs the same... ie Everything at 3, or 4, or 5, or 6. I Thought it sounded pretty cool like that.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Does it help you play Queensryche tunes?
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm running a Rocktron Piranha with a Rocktron Xpression effects unit and I have a great dirty & in between sound but the clean lacks a little even though I'm using a different tube in the clean stage. I hope when I get one, the dirty sound is like the Piranha or better.

Comment

Interesting, I always felt they didn't have enough chug or distortion. And I was comparing it to my Voodu Valve...

Maybe I didn't play with it long enough... The Voodu took a while to get dialed in as well.

Comment

After putting some new tubes in, It really woke it up and sounded a lot better. There's more than enough distortion for me. I'm just hoping the Prophesy has the same type of sound or better.
                [ QUOTE ]
                Interesting, I always felt they didn't have enough chug or distortion. And I was comparing it to my Voodu Valve...

Maybe I didn't play with it long enough... The Voodu took a while to get dialed in as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

I've had my Prophesy for 7 years now and still love it. Although I run it with a BBE 422a and an EMG PA-2 booster to thicken it up a bit, but I love my presets. I don't really use effects too much though and I still to this day haven't played around with all the features available either.

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, *I* thought it was funny, even if no one else did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Okay I'll ask Tim, Who were you talking to when you referenced Queensryche? Or were you talking about the bands thin guitar sound and slammin the Prophhesy? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, *I* thought it was funny, even if no one else did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Joel, Good to know. I ordered mine today. What controller do you use? All Access?

[ QUOTE ]
                        I've had my Prophesy for 7 years now and still love it. Although I run it with a BBE 422a and an EMG PA-2 booster to thicken it up a bit, but I love my presets. I don't really use effects too much though and I still to this day haven't played around with all the features available either.

- Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Okay I'll ask Tim, Who were you talking to when you referenced Queensryche? Or were you talking about the bands thin guitar sound and slammin the Prophhesy? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That one had even me scratching my head...

I think it is a reference to the Queensryche song "Prophecy" (available as a bonus track on the first Queensryche CD, but actually recorded during the Rage for Order sessions).

Bitchin' tune, BTW.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

That would make sense! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X