• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splawn cab with powerball?

any one try this combo
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: splawn cab with powerball?

I havent tried that combo, but I have played through Splawn cabs and they are great. Great tone and the build quality is second to none.

Comment

Thanks I will be ordering a straight X pattern from them once I get rid of my Marshall at least I think I will get the Splawn.I have been waiting for an Uberkab to get in the store so I can try it out but the Splawn is suppose to be pretty much the same cab sound and quality wise and about $300.00 cheaper.the real question on the Splawn is speaker selection I don't know if I want celestions or eminance speaker from what i hear the eminance verision of the V30's are less harsh on the highs and high mids and the GT 75 versions have more low?

Comment

I've got my Splawn 4x12 on order, I'm getting mine unloaded and buying my speakers here because I can get a sweet deal on Eminence, so I'll try those and see how they fare with my sound.

anyhow I'm getting my splawn coverd in slime green tolex along with my powerball!

should look awesome!

Cheers!

Chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I've got my Splawn 4x12 on order, I'm getting mine unloaded and buying my speakers here because I can get a sweet deal on Eminence, so I'll try those and see how they fare with my sound.

anyhow I'm getting my splawn coverd in slime green tolex along with my powerball!

should look awesome!

Cheers!

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Slime green huh that sound cool.about how long is the wait for the Splawn I haven't order it yet I'm waiting to get rid of my Marshalls unless the wait is long.If it comes in soon you have to post pics of the combo.I am curious.I will more than likely go BLK/BLK or BLK/GRY or salt and pepper to match the steel mesh on the powerball

Comment

well I got my Splawn cab and have to say I am very happy with it.I no longer have a hard time cutting thru the mix and the powerball sounds nice and full,much better bass responce,and the highs and high mids are not annoying like they were when I was running a mesa cab with V30's.the splawn is constucted the same as a bogner cab but 2" shorter.Great cab I am glad this worked out...

Comment

so which speakers did you go with?
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

the eminence gov's and manowar in the X

Comment

How do they compare to the Celeston's? Im thinking of buying a 4+12 and am not sure if im going with the Celeston upgrade for the extra $100?

Comment

I am liking the eminence speakers.the manowars handle bass better than the G75's and the gov's are less trebly than the V30's.to my ear anyway.I have no complaints.try them and see what you think.the eminence speakers are suppose to take a little longer to breakin than the celestions.after the breakin period the cab is suppose to sound much better.I'm all ready happy with it so I can't wait to get some hours on it...

Comment

The Emminence speakers are also Made In The USA, unlike Celestions made in China. Jack.

Comment

I just did a BIN on a Splawn 4x12 with the X pattern man o war and governors to go with a Quick Rod I'm getting. I heard good things about Splawn cabs and amps. I hope they are both keepers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

how much did you get the cab for?

Comment

BIN of $575
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                            X