Peavey Penta - tried one today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Penta - tried one today.

On my way into work today, I stopped at a local music store to see if they had the Valve King in yet. They only had the combo, but they did have the Penta head & cab. I had a very quick go with it. It's a fantastic sounding amp for what it is. If you don't need stupendous gain, it would be a great option. The heaviest of the 5 settings is supposed to have the same voicing as a triple X, but with the gain dimed, it seemed much cleaner to me. It is a single channel amp, but has a footswitch to switch between the different settings, so technically you can switch between a clean and dirty sound, but there is only one set of level and EQ controls. It also looks really nice with a greenish colored tolex, and a unique looking front panel.

Overall, a very nice amp.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

How are the Valve king amps?

I am looking at the 112 Combo, they seem to be priced pretty cheap.

I was wondering if it would hold up if my son "Borrows" it for his metal shenanigans too.

Comment

Re: How are the Valve king amps?

How much was the Penta? There are so many great reasonably priced amps coming out now as a backlash to the boutiques. I have my eye on a Vox AC15 Custom Classic. How can you lose on an amp that comes stock with an AlNiCo Blue for about $850?

Comment

Working...
      X