chuck or anyone , slo advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chuck or anyone , slo advice

OK what is your guys opinions on the add ons for slo, the depth mod, the mid cut mod, brite switch etc.. does it take away from the slo, can you still make it sound like a normal slo etc..

Re: chuck or anyone , slo advice

I don't think the mods are really necessary, but I don't think they take away from it, either.
    May as well have them to play with...I don't think they dilute the SLO at all. I personally am a pusist, and believe less is more when it comes to a guitars signal path through a tube amplifier.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I don't think the mods are really necessary, but I don't think they take away from it, either.
      May as well have them to play with...I don't think they dilute the SLO at all. I personally am a pusist, and believe less is more when it comes to a guitars signal path through a tube amplifier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get a slo with the warren mod, mid cut bla bla and roadcase for 2200

Comment

You may want to hop on that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You may want to hop on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK chuck, it also has the depth and the kt66, what do you think about that?

Comment

You probably won't need the depth mod since it has the 66's. Mine is bone stock with the 66's and has more than enough low end through a Marshall cab loaded with 75 watt speakers. Even at small room volumes. Having it sure won't hurt though. 2200 with all those mods and a case is a deal also.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

My SP77 has a ton of bottom too. I have the bass knob at 9:00 and its pretty darn thumpy.

Comment

I know what one your looking at [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] $2250 shipped isn't a bad BIN on that IMHO. Go for it
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

yeah, so i bought it, they bid up to 1800 and there was still a reserve, so i figured he probaly set it at 2100 and you would have probaly had to pay about 75 to 100 in shipping since it has a huge case, so hitting the BIN was worth it, here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7362774910

Comment

PS, thank god for pay pal credit, no payments no interest for a year, and as long as i pay it off before a year no interest at all....... Gonna start selling more stuff to pay for it.....Who knows i may end up hating it and selling it, lets see how it compares to my XTC.

Comment

Nice grab. I pretty interested on how you feel it stands up against the Bogner too.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

The KT 66's add so much more bottom tightness and definition to tone of an SLO. I was going to have mine modded when it was at Soldano and I didn't. I put KT66's in it instead and it was a great improvement. Congrats on the SLO. I hear ya on the Credit Card no interest plan! That is exactly what I did!

Comment

If you don't like the rhythm tone of the lead channel throw a clean boost in front of the crunch channel. Chuck posted about that not to long ago and I tried it out. Killer tone for rhythm stuff that way.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I think with all the options i should be able to get a good tone out of that lead channel!

Comment

Even without the options you will.

Comment

Working...
                              X