The stomp boxes are the problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The stomp boxes are the problem!!

my shultz rockman through my ghetto blaster blows all your shit away. plus I get the cool Boston delay sound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

with all due respect Chuck I'm willing to bet that you didn't spend much time dialing in the Bogner and if you di it has shit for pre and power tubes. I could see where one would say they prefered one over the other but slaying is not the proper term [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I A/B'd my Soldano rig with a Gorilla SS combo. Those Gorilla amps are pretty awesome but the Soldano was a little better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I A/B'd my Soldano rig with a Gorilla SS combo. Those Gorilla amps are pretty awesome but the Soldano was a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I am well versed with all the bells and whistles, and all the possible settings on an Ecstacy, because I've lusted after one for a couple of years. I've downloaded and studied the manual in detail, and spent time playing more than one.
          The amps owner was present, and the A/B was through my cabs in my room. The Ecstacy in question was fresh from Bogner with the latest updates and fresh tubes, as I said in my post. My SLO was a tired warrior and probably would have benefited from fresh tubes. He was tweaking while I was playing, then we switched roles. This went on for a couple hours. We are both amp junky's and tone freaks. Several guitars were used. Cabinets were two G65 loaded 4x12's, a V-30 loaded 4x12 (Marshalls), and an Avatar 2x12 special cab.

OK, "slay" may be too strong, but in the end we both agreed that while the Bogner sounded terrific, the Soldano just flat sounded better through every cabinet, from low gain settings through "heavy as you wanna be". It had a sparkle and beauty the Bogner couldn't match.

I still want an Ecstacy, because it has something cool going on!

And my POD through my little sister's Close N Play has you all coverd! So There!! Brewtal!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, it was a Totally Killer way to spend an afternoon!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              My Acoustic 150 head would crush all of your sissy rigs. That amp is painfully loud on 3. If I dime that thing your wussy Bogners and Soldanos would run home to daddy like the little bitches they are. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwhahahahah!!

Comment

Seriously speaking, for the price, the SP 77 is really a very cool preamp!

Fong

Comment

Hey Fong, let me know when you get your half stack Bogner.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X