The G-Major is on the way!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The G-Major is on the way!!

I bought a G-Major, and a Ground Control foot controller for it. I should be getting it today or tomorrow the latest. My Soldano rack system is now complete.
    Where should I insert the G-Major in my rack chain??
    I have:
    Carvin T100 power amp
    Soldano SP77 Preamp
    Rane SP15 Parametric EQ.

Thanks in advance. I am totally stoked. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] JG

Re: The G-Major is on the way!!

After the EQ. Congrats. Should be a nice rig. We'll need some clippage of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

So does anyone want to take bets on how long before this rig (or part of it) is in the classifieds? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Personally, I have my time based effect after the P-EQ.

CAE3+se>TC-1140 P-EQ>Intellifex>VHT2150

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I bought a G-Major, and a Ground Control foot controller for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you bought the Digital Music corp. (voodoo labs) cotroller wich link I post in the other thread?
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            I bought a G-Major, and a Ground Control foot controller for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you bought the Digital Music corp. (voodoo labs) cotroller wich link I post in the other thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought this one:

Comment

I remember that one [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

I used one of those...nice controller, and very easy to program.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  So does anyone want to take bets on how long before this rig (or part of it) is in the classifieds? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not gonna happen Tim. This one is a keeper. The only upgrade I might make in the future is replacing the T100 with a Mesa 50/50 or maybe a VHT. This is the first rig I didn't compromise at all on. I got everything that I wanted. I had to liquidate a fair amount of gear but at least I have one system that is high end and worth investing the money into. I can't wait until Sunday when I debut it to the band. They think 5150's sound good. Hah.

Comment

ground control to major tom....
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

John - glad to hear it. BTW, if you want to check out a VHT 2150 - you can borrow mine if you pay for shipping. Same goes for my Marshall 9200 but I don't think that'd be a step in the right direction to be honest.

- Newc

Comment

never seen that old ground contoller before but the new one with metal switches is built like a tank, it lasts forever.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Sadly, I have one of those Ground Controllers here on my shelf broken whjen you need parts. Bad issues switches and displays in them... DMC will fix them still though I do believe, I just never sent mine in for service...

Comment

you got the new one?

Comment

I had purched the heavy duty Ground Control pedal. Once I opened up the manual and saw the limitations I never even took it out of the box. I am returning it. I just received a Rocktron All Access foot control yesterday and this thing is way more flexible and feels 10x more solid. Time will tell of course.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X