No announcement yet.

Powering MIDI pedal with G-Major.. JGC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering MIDI pedal with G-Major.. JGC!

Rocktron to the rescue!

A 5 to 7 pin MIDI cable, withe a barrel connector to plug the supply into!
    Available on the rocktron site in their store...

I'll have to look if it will do you DMC controller, I'm pretty sure it does. You just need the power supply.

Re: Powering MIDI pedal with G-Major.. JGC!

coooooooooooool

Comment

It will work great with the DMC controller. That's the exact cable I used with mine.

Comment

But don't both the G-Major and the Ground Control have 5 pin dins? I assume they do. If thats the case, how would either of the din sockets have the ability to pick up the power tranmitted on the other 2 pins on the 7 pin side of the cable?

Comment

I can't remember if the GC is 5 pin or 7 pin. However, even with a 5 pin, you can still phantom power because pins 1 and 5 are not used. The MIDI standard only uses pins 3,4 & 5.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I can't remember if the GC is 5 pin or 7 pin. However, even with a 5 pin, you can still phantom power because pins 1 and 5 are not used. The MIDI standard only uses pins 3,4 & 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

True Matt, but the 2 pins not being used would still need to be connected internally to provide power in either the G-Major or the Foot Controller. Do we know for sure that the Foot Controller is wired internally for midi on 5 pins and power on the other 2??

Comment

I'll look at mine tonight when I get home! I'll plug it in and see if it powers up. Been awhile.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True Matt, but the 2 pins not being used would still need to be connected internally to provide power in either the G-Major or the Foot Controller. Do we know for sure that the Foot Controller is wired internally for midi on 5 pins and power on the other 2??

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, I was just making a general comment, not one specific to your question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I am pretty sure that the Ground Control uses 5 pin MIDI to power, but I don't remember... I use mine with a GCX and it has a MIDI connection specific to the Ground Control.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I know I read a few Digitech articles discussing the exact same scenario and somebody published a "how to" take your digitech foot controller apart and wire it up to accept power. You needed to replace the existing 5 pin din with a 7 pin version for the other 2 needed pins for power. I sell them at work and they are physically the same size and pin orientation.

Comment

I'd like to be able to phantom power my ART from the G Major..... right now I have the big-ass ugly wall wart...
                    That is one thing I miss about my old intellifex/ADA foot controller set-up - 2 MIDI cables!

Comment

Working...
                    X