No announcement yet.

Marshall Cabs, whats the big deal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Cabs, whats the big deal....

the 75's have a more "scooped" tone to them..lot's of high and a cool tight low end..

The the 80's sound a bit better to me..warmer with even bigger low end..and the highs are not as "sharp".
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I haven't used the 75's much at any real volume but the CL80's....at bedroom volume...they're OK...at volume they are kick ass..big SOLID bass and highs. Basically this speaker holds together w/ alot of clarity and the overall sound is just solid, they have alot of headroom.

Comment

the biggest difference when you A/B the 75s to the 80s right next to each other..the FIRST thing you will immediately notice is that the 75s have much more "edge" and "bite" to them..the 80's have more of a high end roll off..but AWESOME Bass response..

I had a 4 12 Peavey cab loaded with classic 80's that I used with a 2210 Marshall..it sounded great!!

Its darker than a stock Marshall 1960a/b cab loaded with 75s.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X