tube suggestions - peavey vtm60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube suggestions - peavey vtm60

Tore off the covers today and found the stock tubes. Must be 15(?) years old. Obviously i need new ones, for my high gain metal monster. I'm thinking as cheap as possible and from ebay, and have zero expierence changing tubes, as this is only my 2nd tube amp, and first time changing tubes. Found JJ 12ax7s for around $6 a piece, and Sovtek 6l6wxt+ for around $9.40. JJ based on some looking around, and that Sovtek based on price. All I know is I want my amp to breath fire. What do you need to do to put KT-88s in an amp? I know you need extra space, which it looks like I have (more than an inch in any direction), and that sounds like what I would want tonally. I've gathere KT-66s are plug and play with the 6l6 family, but are they like kt88s little brothers? Or just related in name only. Sorry for the dumb and what I'm sure are obvious questions.

Re: tube suggestions - peavey vtm60

You might want to PM Twisteramps (Pete); he is a tube amp guru and builder, and recently picked up a VTM60 to tweak and mod. I'll bet he can help you breathe fire into that amp. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X