Mesa Mark IV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mark IV's

so whats the deal on the amps then. I hear they are extremely versatile (jazz to metal) and have a great tone. I've been interested in these amps for a few weeks now but i've never heard one being used just on it's own. How do they compare to other amps?

Any info is much appreciated
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Mesa Mark IV\'s

they're terrible if you or anyone you know have the misfortune of buying one you should send it to me immediately for disposal. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      so whats the deal on the amps then. I hear they are extremely versatile (jazz to metal) and have a great tone. I've been interested in these amps for a few weeks now but i've never heard one being used just on it's own. How do they compare to other amps?

Any info is much appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

I had one, wasnt the biggest fan of it, but that is because you have to do alot of tweaking and play it at loud volume to make it sound good, being in an apartment where i do most of my playing latley it just couldnt crank it enough.

The group chevele uses them for clean and dirty.

Comment

Lamb of God uses them. If you checkout the soundcheck section on their DVD they show you their rigs up close and play some riffs to let you hear how it sounds. I think they sound incredible.

Comment

i'm with siggy. the mark IV was ALWAYS my dream amp. i thought it would do everything i needed. i was very wrong. it was a killer lead amp, but i found the cleans to be thin, the 2nd channel was okay for blues, but it didn't do what i wanted it to. the lead channel was to DIE for though. i ran mine with 2 el34 and 2 6L6 power tubes, and that got it a little closer. i just can't explain it. the mark IV is well built, a tweakers dream, but i just could not get it to work for me. i spent 6 months with it, tried dozens of different cabs/speakers, different guitars, ANYTHING to make it happen for me, because, like i said, it WAS my dream amp. alas, it ended up being my white whale....though i do still wish i had it.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've never had one, but everyone I know that has had one has made it sound AMAZING. It does require a lot of work to make them sound that way though, and your chops better be good - it's not the most forgiving amp. I'd love to have one, but for bedroom players, it's way too much amp. Siggy hit the nail on the head - you've got to play it loud to make it shine.

Comment

I got to play through a Mark IV combo today with some Godin guitar. I've fallen in love with the Mark IV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] the tone was to friggin die for. I've also fallen in love with JCM800's and Keely modded SD-1's.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
              X