ada mp1 vs. rocktron voodu valve vs. pod xt rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ada mp1 vs. rocktron voodu valve vs. pod xt rack

ive been wanting to buy some rack gear for months now and i dont really know where to start pre-amp wise. Which of the three above are pretty easy to work with (plug n play factor) or are just great all round units.

I dont need like REALLY EXPENSIVE pre-amps here, im just looking for a good clean sound, a good metal sound, and a great lead tone to come from this amp.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Re: ada mp1 vs. rocktron voodu valve vs. pod xt rack

Voodu Valve... or "maybe" POD ugh.... maybe..

Comment

Digitech 2120/2112/preamps or older-great for the money with two tubes of overdrive to use.After hearing you play i think you you would suit this type of preamp.I have just put ruby tubes in my 2120 model and it is amazing!cant stop playing it.has a realy good FX section thats easy to use

Comment

Re: ada mp1 vs. rocktron voodu valve vs. pod xt ra

can you still buy that digitech stuff new? or is it an ebay type deal?

Comment

look on ebay for it mate-i have used it a lot since i got mine last year and Danny Danzy and chad coggin use them all the time now(instrumental.com guitar GODS)I have a pod pro (rack mount)and that kicks r;s too,but the tubes do make slighty better overdrive.in fact i use the pod with my soldano preamp for fx.
          a mate had the voodu preamp and quickly got bored with it before going back to his original jmp
          check out dannys and chads clips on that site to see how tonefull these preamps are-they sound superb

Comment

allright thanks dude.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Digitech 2120/2112/preamps or older-great for the money with two tubes of overdrive to use.After hearing you play i think you you would suit this type of preamp.I have just put ruby tubes in my 2120 model and it is amazing!cant stop playing it.has a realy good FX section thats easy to use

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy in Genitorturers uses one of the 2112 going into a rivera power amp into two crate cabs and he had crushing tone.

Comment

MP1, BBE 422A, good tube power amp, you'll be set.

Comment

this is the 2120 in action with a BC Rich Strat with Barcus Berry pickups.The eq and fx are easily good enough so you dont need any other EQ or FX units-just an amp/poweramp and speakers and your ready to go
                  http://www.justinjohnwakely.com/cont...c/New_Dawn.mp3

Comment

Well, that's cool, very nice tone and playing etc.

But a Voodu Valve is likely more in his thoughts considering the metal this guy is playing. The Voodu is pretty crushing in comparison with this particular clip.

Comment

i havnt heard him play any metal but i have heard him play rock!i mentioned barcus berry pickps as there not hot pups,very tame so they colour the preamp sweetly-i could easily post a link to tune that is more metal sounding but thats beside the point-the digitech preamp is tried and tested with many players live or in studio.Voodu is cool and i have heard many clips from friends who have emailed me solo clips and ryth clips-but you know what they dont use them now!I think they sound cool but to be honest you can pick up the DIGI'S for next to nothing with a great pedal board.Too many great guitarists i know have these preamps and they all think there cool

Comment

I would take ADA for 80's rock/shred
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i listened to that clip (great playing by the way!), i dig the tone, but can you dial in heavy-er presets with the digitech?

Also, which one could has a better Heavy tone, the digitech or the voodu valve. Because it be nice if this unit could go from a really HEAVY rythym (ala megadeth, or children of bodom), and then have a nice lead tone (ala evh) that i could switch too.

Comment

Not to hijack, but what is the difference between the digitech GSP-21, 21 legend, 21 pro, 2101,2112, and 2120?
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I'm still partial to My Marshall JMP-1..VERY good lead tones..authentic Marshall for sure..

NOT worth the price New..but you can find them cheap used..

I like it better than all the preamps stated here thus far..

Valvestate is second in my book..A bit "heavier" than the JMP-1 but a little "dead" sounding to me....IMO.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X