Madison Divinity Tube head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madison Divinity Tube head

By the way, I have an original Divinity 4x12 cabinbet with the carpeting and the 4 Divinity speakers. I bought it for the price, and the assumption that is was made in the USA. Well, the cabinet is, but the speakers are Chinese and yess, they are very bottom heavey with cut mids, and moderate highs. On a positive note, the cab is made super strong and well made at that. if I knew the speakers were Chinese, I would have never had bought one. By the way, the cab is huge!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      By the way, I have an original Divinity 4x12 cabinbet with the carpeting and the 4 Divinity speakers. I bought it for the price, and the assumption that is was made in the USA. Well, the cabinet is, but the speakers are Chinese and yess, they are very bottom heavey with cut mids, and moderate highs. On a positive note, the cab is made super strong and well made at that. if I knew the speakers were Chinese, I would have never had bought one. By the way, the cab is huge!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what speakers are in that one. I have the G12K85s and they kick ass.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, I stand corrected, they are the Symphony speakers, which are chinese made speakers modeled after the G12K85s, but they still lack either some mids or more highs. They aren`t horrible, but I feel the English made G12T-75`s sound better. Jack.

Comment

you guys do realize some of the vox AC30s are made in china now, right? I think for $800ish bucks you'd be best off buying used.

Pete

Comment

Take a chance on the Cavin V3 Jim. If you don't like it you can always send it back to them. JG

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well, I stand corrected, they are the Symphony speakers, which are chinese made speakers modeled after the G12K85s, but they still lack either some mids or more highs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that Madison advertises the Symphony as being bottom-heavy with scooped mids, and has a different model with more midrange emphasis.
              sigpic

Comment

Either way, they sound pretty close to the Celestions they are based on. They are indeed bottom heavy, but I would not say they are muddy at all. Plus, they respond very well to a bit of mid EQ to bring back the scooped mids.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                X