GFlex cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFlex cabs?

I've got a potential trade line for a GFlex cab. The reviews on Harmony Central are literally glowing. Any experience here with these? Is there any way to tell what kind of speakers it's loaded with without opening it up?
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: GFlex cabs?

I have a 2x12 myself. I haven't played a lot of cabs, but I know I've liked how it sounds when mated with everything I've thrown at it. There is definitely a lot of low end there, and the cab itself sounds almost as loud as a lot of 4x12's. Yet still fits in the trunk of my car! Mids are strong (though some say its a slightly scooped cab), and the highs are not harsh at all. The newer ones have the handles positioned like those on a beer keg, which makes carrying them easier.

As far as speakers go, I believe they are customed made Eminence. I don't know how to tell if they are original or not though.

Comment

The cab is definitely dark sounding, mates well with heads that are bright. Sounds awesome with fireball or a 5150, not so well IMHO with a bogner xtc. Very good quality cab, and their website says the speakers are GBE 1275s....they say "We took the most sought after sound in guitar speakers and made it affordable" I am really not sure which speaker is the most sought after (and is really expensive)....

Great cab though, just make sure you run your head through it before you pull the trigger.

Comment

I ask about the speaks because a few years ago they were loaded with Celestions. I guess it doesn't really matter, as you said check it out first.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

they seem to be love/hate with everyone.
          I love mine tho
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
          X