Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emergency.... power amp question!!

Ifraan.... pm sent
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Didn't get it. I sent you a PM though

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I almost like the idea of having a poweramp that would color the tone. I hooked the POD up to a crate practice amp, ran it through the clean channel, and used the low,mid, and treble to add to the existing tone coming from the POD. It seemed to me that having the two sets of eq's really helped my tone..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you can get this mixer http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...e_pid/630413X/ for under 75 dollars and it has built in EQ's or even get a eq for total tone tweak ability. Like this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/182489/

Comment

PS the good thing about getting the Nady is even if you decide to get rid of the pod, you always have use for a pa amp for vocals or drum machines, hell you can even put a regular cd player through it. My Nady 2100 has 2100 watts of power, the 900 i believe is 900 watts, that is alot of headroom.

Comment

Siggy, so the nady does not color my tone at all? Is there a switch for it or something? I see there are two channels. I think guitar center sells them, which would be a bonus for me because my buddy works there...

I plan on running this to a 2X12 cab. Does that make any difference at all? Someday I may get another cab, however right now I am leaning towards getting a nice pair of monitors to run it through with something like that behringer eq to help with the tone if necessary.

Comment

I prefer the MosValve so I may be selling my Nady 900 soon.

Comment

why do you prefer the mosvalve?

Comment

It's quieter, lighter and plus it looks cool [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Siggy, so the nady does not color my tone at all? Is there a switch for it or something? I see there are two channels. I think guitar center sells them, which would be a bonus for me because my buddy works there...

I plan on running this to a 2X12 cab. Does that make any difference at all? Someday I may get another cab, however right now I am leaning towards getting a nice pair of monitors to run it through with something like that behringer eq to help with the tone if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a PA so no doesnt color the sound. What speaker cabinet are you gonna be using? If they are not flat response speakers i would take off the cab simulator on the pod.

The switch is a power switch to turn it on and off. Basicaly i prefered this because it had so much more headroom. The biggest problem with Solid state amps as they are pushed to there fullest they start to get shrill, but with 900 watts of power you have plenty of headroom. This is good if you plan on playing in a band situation, if you are playing at home i would just plug your pod into your home stereo system then.

Comment

Siggy, it is a custom made 2X12 cab with sheffield speakers in it. About the switch.. I think I meant something else. I am sorry, but I really do not know anything about this kind of stuff.

I meant there are it looks like there are two channels. I am wondering if you do any sort of switching between those two channels, or if you use them separately for different things (channel one has the pod going through it, channel two has a something else going through it)

Comment

Yes there are two channels (seperate volume control for each channel), you can run the pod in stereo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or you can bridge the amp and make it mono. I used it with my Vamp Pro in stereo at 200w @ 8 ohms. If you want you can use it like 2 amps, guitar in one side and drum machine in the other. It weighs in at about 40 lbs and is almost 16" deep. I don't like it for lower volumes because of the noise from the dual fans. Here are some specs for this heavy ass monster [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        400W/ch @ 2 ohms, 300W @ 4 ohms, 200W @ 8 ohms, 675W bridged mono @ 4 ohms

Comment

I use mine as a pa with the pods running through it. I have vocals and drum machines plus the pods going through it. Make a great all in one unit.

Comment

I found this thread in the Line 6 forums....

http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb....c&f=3&t=015626

Can you guys comment on what they are saying?

Basically, I am considering the following at this point.

1. Powerblock- powerful, easy to transport. least expensive out of the four.

2. Carvin DCM-150- reliable, highly recommened. most expensive out of the four, although the difference in price is negliable.

3. Mosvalve MV-962- again highly recommended

I think I would rather stick with a guitar poweramp... I have sort of narrowed it down to these three, and would prefer a rack unit to the powerblock.

Comment

I have both the Nady 900 and the MosValve MV-962. I prefer the Mosvavle 962 as stated above so you know where my vote goes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. You can pick up one for about $100 - $130. I think I paid about $115 for mine shipped.

I only use mine to power my guitar though. If you want to run a PA the Nady or the Carvin would be your best bet.

Comment

Ya I am thinking I would like to go with a basic Pod-Poweramp-Cab setup. I have read that for this, a guitar poweramp would be best. I am not looking to run anything into a PA anytime soon. For now I just need something that is loud, powerful, and that can power my pod. Does guitar center sell Mosvalve stuff? If not,where can I get one? Also in the future, I may be upgrading to the rack version of the pod. Will the mosvalve still work?

After I get this figured out, I can start asking how I am supposed to run this thing. The cab I have has only 1 input in the back. I would like to run both speaker outs from the POD to whatever I poweramp I get, then to the cab to the a nice tone from both speakers of the cab. I really appreciate all your guys' help with this subject. I really do not understand much about amplifiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X