Lexicon Reverb vs Eventide H3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexicon Reverb vs Eventide H3000

My Ibanez SDR1000+ (from the 80's) is on the fritz. Not worth fixing since it was only about $100 anyway. I run it through my Framus Cobra through the effects loop. It is a 24 bit stereo unit. What happens is the more I send the signal through the Ibanez the quieter the output gets through my speakers.

I think something must be wrong. Don't get it. Then sometimes the SDR1000 will all of the sudden get louder - like it has warmed up or something and it is digital!

I don't think it meshes well with my amp - maybe its too old of a unit.

So I am considering 2 options. The Eventide alone OR the a Lexicon Reverb.

I am hoping the Lexicon will have a Delay effect - if not I would get a Roland Digital Delay.

Looking for opinions of people who have tried the above out or anyone that may have an idea what is going on with the Ibanez Reverb Unit.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Lexicon Reverb vs Eventide H3000

I have a Boss GX-700. It is a rackmount with midi options and you can have 13 fx in any order at one time. I got it on Ebay for $205 shipped. Mine is the latest firmware version and it is very good. Of those two, the Eventide wins, Vai, and Eddie use it so it must be very good.
    This space for rent

Comment

Its pretty hard to beat a Lexicon for reverb. Either brand is a great choice but I would check your effects loop if you are having volume fades. My Marshall 3203 was doing that so I gave the loop jacks a thorough cleaning and its fine now.

Comment

Lexicon reverb is amazing but Eventide has all the effects you could imagine and they all are supreme quality. A lot of pro players worship TC Electronics G-Force, I've tried it and the Harmonizer at the same day, no comparion, Eventide was SO MUCH better.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You need the new H8000 Harmonizer but it cost $5000. It is on my X-Mas list.
          This space for rent

Comment

I think that most would agree:
            Lexicon for reverb
            Eventide for harmonizers and delay
            G-Major or G-System for all of the above.
            The quality of effects on my G-Major are the best I have ever heard outside of a million dollar recording studio. Most studios use plug-ins now. The G-Major is just as good and thats saying alot.

Comment

I would take
              Lexicon PCM for reverbs
              TC 2290 for delays
              Eventide for all the other stuff, but it is a bitch to use, there are A LOT of effects, the old ones have about 1000, the new ones have 6 times more. You can do everything with it, the algoritms and stuff are insane, it takes years to programm that thing. But the effects quality is definatly better than G-Force or Lexicon MPG-2's
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I still like my GX-700, it has very good delays and chorus and a 5150 amp patch built in i use in the studio sometimes when i can't bring my 5150 with me.
                This space for rent

Comment

I have read a lot of guys like Vai are using Roland Digital Delays for their delay units.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

EVENTIDE [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    god i miss mine [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                    MOSH ON
                    DAVE
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                    X