Randall RM100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RM100

I'm very interested in these modular amps. Any experience with them or opinions on tone? I can't find one locally to check it out. I like the idea that if you are looking for something different, you make the amp a completely different animal by switching modules. Biasing the amp looks like a snap too.

Re: Randall RM100

I can't believe I missed this thread, sorry man. I personally love Randall amps. My friend has a store that carries em here in NY and I've been messin with em for months now. Man, I can't tell ya enough good things bout em. He has all the modules in stock, so I've tried em all out. My favorites are the Blackface, XTC and Recto. They all sound great, and on top of that, they are making more modules for em. Another cool thing I found is the Egnater modules also work on the Randall amps too (it's the same guy designing Randall's amps http://www.egnater.com/) I've also heard they plan on opening up a Mod Shop, so you can mod your modules to what ya want. I'll post a link at the bottom of some mods you can do (straight from a Randall rep, not from some dude messing around in his basement). If ya got any more questions, let me know! I plan on picking one up soon, just trying to sell some stuff to fund it.

http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone...fications.html

Comment

Oh yah, and they just released 2 more amps on their XL series that look cool, but they won't be released till Dec 15. If you wanna look at prices, check out www.guitarmannyc.com and e-mail em. Matt Desilva will hook you up with a good price, tell him Irfaan referred ya to him.

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro...s/xl/index.asp

Comment

I tried a rm80 2x12 combo. It had some high gain module (I can't remember which one!) and a tweed module in it. A killer amp that I would seriously consider if I was in the market.

On another note, last week I saw Kings X and Ty is now using Randall. He had 4 4x12 Randall cabs. According to their sound guy he is using the module preamp as well as the matching switching power amp. It sounded totally killer. I was with a friend who is a long time, die hard Kings X fan who has seen then countless times. He told me that that night was the best tone he has heard from Ty. It did the newer Kings X heavey sound perfect and got real close to the old Lab series/Strat Elite tone as well.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I'm seriously considering picking one up. It seems like a good deal considering the features available, and every review I've read sounds positive. I think it would make a great companion to my Recto.

Comment

does it sound the same as an RM4 ?

Comment

I haven't tried the rack version, but I can't imagine it's a huge difference unless your using a different power amp other than the Randall RT2/50 (think that's the one)

Comment

I had the RM4 and it sounded good, but i was also running it through a mesa 50/50 which is a cold biased amp. I think with the right power amp it would have sounded killer and that randall amp looks very good. Defintly worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                X