V-Amp Pro vs Pod 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Amp Pro vs Pod 2.0

I am considering getting rid of my Pod 2.0 and going with an all rack setup. The v amp pro seems like a pretty good price, so I thought i would check it out. How are the tones compared to the pod? Is one amp better for metal tones than the other? Is one amp more easy to use than the other?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

GMS
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: V-Amp Pro vs Pod 2.0

I would take a V-Amp over a POD 2.0 and a POD xt over either.

The V-Amp has better cab models than the 2.0 IMO. The effects options are a bit more limited than the 2.0 though.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

On the other hand...I had a v-amp pro and like my pod 2.0 better. It just flat sounds better to my ears.

Comment

owned all 3. v-amp was the worst, pod2.0 was a little better ,just less stuff. and the XT is in a completely different category, it crushes them all

Comment

Fuck em both! I've had both of them, and my PODxt kicks the shit out of both COMBINED.

Comment

I agree. Save up a little more and get an XT. If I had to choose between the V-Amp pro and the POD 2.0 I would choose the V-Amp. It has better high gain models IMHO of course.

Comment

I think that the XT has more than you'll ever need or use, and you pay for all that extra candy. I had a Vetta II and more recently an XT Live and got rid of both of them, but I still use my Behringer V-ampire rig all the time for live gigs and recording. It definitely doesn't have as much stuff as the XT but then again, I don't use or really need all of that stuff. And in general you can use all of those with different amps and setups, but the behringer stuff seems to only sound good (or sound it's best I should say) when you use matching behringer stuff, like their full range cabs, etc.

Comment

I sort of agree with Subvamp. I believe the pod xt has more stuff than I will ever need. I heard you can get more metal tones from the v amp, and it is less expensive than the pod. Plus it is a rack unit, which I am hoping to convert to all rack stuff.... sounds like I may have already made up my mind.

Any other thoughts on the pod vs the V-amp?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  ... behringer stuff seems to only sound good (or sound it's best I should say) when you use matching behringer stuff, like their full range cabs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 and IMHO that probably goes for all modeling stuff.

I don't have the ear or finely-tuned tastes of some here so I don't know how much this will help but .... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've had an XT and currently have a Vetta and a V-Amp Pro. For reference: my setup is rack gear -> Boogie 20/20 -> EV-loaded stereo 2x12 cabs (semi-full range) and Vetta -> EV-loaded 2x12 cabs.

The Behringer models work well for high gain and clean stuff (caveat: I'm most definitely not a major user or connoisseur of fine clean tones). To me the XT is a bit better in those areas but the difference in sound isn't astonishing. Where the XT completely blows the Behringer stuff away is the range between clean tones and metal, if you don't need those sounds it'd be tough to justify the price difference.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I was completely underwhelmed by the POD in all its variations, except for the rack version which I haven't tried. I tried to get a V-Amp at the time, but GC was sold out of them, so I ended up with a Johnson J-Station. It does what I need and has bass models too, but for a rack solution, I'd try the V-Amp Pro. The only negative I've read about (and this may not apply to the Pro) is that there is a brief pause when switching models. As far as effects go, I can't comment because I don't mess with them much.

Am I correct in thinking that the V-Amp includes a footswitch and the POD does not?
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually ryan, I have been trying to figure that one out as well. I like the different footswitches/pedal boards that line 6 makes. I do not think there is a specific footswitch built for the vamp, however I have heard line 6 pedals work with the vamp...?

Comment

Working...
                      X