No announcement yet.

do any of you prefer 2x12 cabs to 4x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do any of you prefer 2x12 cabs to 4x12?

I prefer 2x12's for portability. I use a ADA split stack sometimes when I run my rack in stereo & those cabs are very easy to tote. Otherwise, I also run 4x10's sometimes and have a pair of 4x10 cabs for that.
    I also have a Marshall 1961b which is a full size 4x12 but only has 2x12's mounted diagonally. It's about 20 lbs lighter than a full Marshall 4x12.
    I haven't tried a Genz Benz, but I think either that or a Vert 2x12 Mesa or an Avatar will be the next way to go in a 2x12. The Marshall tall AV cabs, which are the resissues of the old tall 4x12 cabs have also caught my interest.

Comment

I like the sound of a 412=back strain and bass response. 212=less back strain and thinner sound.

Comment

I got a Soldano 4x12 which is smaller & lighter than a regular cab. You pussies! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Since I dont gig, a 2x12 is loud enough for the cops to be knocking on my door........... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
          X