Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the scoop on Marshall 1936 2x12 cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the scoop on Marshall 1936 2x12 cabs?

Anyone own one? How are they? Does a full size Marshall head (JCM800) fit on top of one correctly (head feet and skid pads on cab line up?)

Re: What\'s the scoop on Marshall 1936 2x12 cabs?

Im also curious about this one. The reviews are kind of mixed at harmony central.

Comment

i used to have one. the 1936 fits a full sized head, the 1922 is the smaller one. mine was built well, but sounded like crap to me because it had the 75 watt celestions. but a lot of people like those speakers, so that's just me.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i used to have one. the 1936 fits a full sized head, the 1922 is the smaller one. mine was built well, but sounded like crap to me because it had the 75 watt celestions. but a lot of people like those speakers, so that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got rid of mine, great cab for the money and you can always change out the 75's if you dont like them. I only got rid of mine because i have to many cabs and i allready have a 4x12 with 75's, i am more of a 4x12 person anyway.

Comment

i have a 1936 and it sounds good with my powerball and uberschall but i hate it with my cobra. i like cabs with vintage 30s. i think the splawn and bogner cabs are better.

Comment

I have 2 of them loaded with one V30 & one 75 in each. They sound killer! Also they are they same width as a 4X12 so no problem with the full size heads.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I have 2 of them loaded with one V30 & one 75 in each. They sound killer! Also they are they same width as a 4X12 so no problem with the full size heads.

[/ QUOTE ]
              I think that's the way to go, mix the Vintage 30s and the G12T-75s together... they compliment each other very well. I do like the 75s by themselves, but I'm not all that crazy about the V30s by themselves.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X