• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibes?

Univibes
    Rotovibes
    Microvibes
    Deja vibe
    I'm getting interested in finding a leslie style effect. Which ones do you guys recommend? Have used or still use?

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Vibes?

My personal fav is the Fulltone Dejavibe. I had a Rotovibe, Microvibe, and tried several Univibes.

If you want a cheap and fun leslie effect, pickup a Danelectro Rocky Road pedal. They are surprisingly good pedals. There is a well known mod you should do to it if you get it - if you can change a pickup you can do this (it's easier than a pickup actually). If you read the reviews on HC they talk about it - that's where I learned about the mod and did my pedal.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Uni-vibe. Its awesome. Vibe isn't the most useful effect but it sounds really cool.

Comment

If you are looking for a great univibe clone, look no further than the Sweet Sound Mojovibe. I've owned the Deja and Deja 2, voodoo vibe, microvibe and megavibe and the Mojo is my fave. It still has that univibe cut, but with a warmer undercurrent and it doesn't thin your sound out.

Univibes don't actually sound much like real leslie cabinets, which is ironic considering that's what they were designed to do. Chorus pedals like the Analogman Clone get closer. For serious, no messing around Leslie tone...the Korg G4 is the bomb (though a bit tough to find). The H&K roto is nice, too (some find it noisey) and the DLS rotosim is solid. I've heard good things about the new Line6 leslie pedal, but haven't tried it.

Comment

I tried the new line 6 leslie pedal last weekend - it's fine but not as "full bodied" (sorry, lame term) as the Leslie and Fender Vibrotone models built into the MM4/Modulation Pro - so if you're going that route spring for the extra $$$ and have 15 other high quality mod effects at the same time (the Tri-Chorus is kickass too).

I've always wanted to try a Korg G4 - heard a lot about them. I always seem to miss them.

Oh, when you go on your vibe hunt - make sure you vary where you put it in your pedal order. I found that like phase shifters, most vibe pedals sound like ass if they are after your distortion/overdrive point in your signal chain. They get super harsh. I tend to run the vibe and phaser really early on.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Second what hippietim says...important to run them early in the chain (mine is second in line after a my RMC3). You can get the "Machine Gun" sound by running it after a germanium fuzz, but not a great sound (many find) after distortions. I also like to run some boost right after them...I use an RC booster because it's pretty clean, and I can roll of the highs a tad.

Comment

lovepedal magicboy is pretty sweet but its not a exact uni vibe clone

Comment

Working...
              X