Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this guy wants to trade...whadda ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So this guy wants to trade...whadda ya think?

I had a DSL 100 ..and I LOVE a "GREAT" Marshall tone..

John and I could NOT dump that thing fast enough..WE absolutely loathed it after playing with it at great lenghts...but this is our observation and experience with that amp.. Plus it was was a 100 watter and it couldn't even come close to hanging with John's CAE/VHT2150. I had that fucker pegged with the mids up and still couldn't hear it over his monster, and what I did hear sounded like pure unusable ass! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've also bought a brand new Dual Recto when they first came out..But I was never happy with it , after tweaking it endlessy for over a year till blue in the face...but it was certainly better than the DSL IMO.

BUT, If you like it and it "works" for you cool.

WE couldn't play VH and such with the DSL at all..it was fuzzy, saggy and flagulent.

To like any amp..I gotta be able to do VH without an issue or it's outta here...same goes with a recto..

So, These two amps are somewhat apples to apples for me..but the Mesa is the better of the two ..and better made ..IMO.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Recto for a DSL...Hell no

DSL for a Recto..Hell yes

[/ QUOTE ]

...and for Bill to recommend ANY recto in ANY situation is saying something! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Yes..well You have a point there Pete..That is so TRUE!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i like lower mids so i would take the mesa but only if i boosted it with a sd-1. it makes it tighter sounding and all around better tone. ive played the dsl but im not really a fan. mesa has good quality, both of the rect. i owned were built good. the only marshall ive liked that i owned was the zakk wylde 2203. that thing was awsome but too loud.

Comment

cool, thanks for the opinions and advice. I'm gettin in touch with this guy.

Comment

Good luck, Tom! Sounds like you're getting a pretty hot deal...

Comment

If I had a DSL50 and DSL100, I would get rid of the DSL100 in a heart beat. 50w Marshalls have always stomped all over 100w Marshalls tonally. Absolutely no comparison.

Comment

Working...
                X