Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckracer, how are you liking the Intellifex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuckracer, how are you liking the Intellifex?

Hello Chuck:

I know you recently bought an Intellifex and was wondering how are you liking it. I have a G Major, but to me it just has too much stuff I don't use. I'm thinking about selling and getting a used Intellifex. Reverb and delay are the only effects I use, so if those are good with the Intellifex, then I could get bone for cheap and would still have enough money from the sale of the G Major to get other stuff I want. Would you mind sharing your experience with the Intellifex?

Re: Chuckracer, how are you liking the Intellifex?

Econ, I don't have it yet. I had it shipped to an address in Arizona, as that's where I'll be in a little more than a week. No point in shipping it here, and adding to the stuff in the back of my poor, abused Toyota.
    I've had one before, but honestly didn't give it a fair shake.

When I get there, and get it, and use it for a bit, I'll get in touch with you with what I've learned.

Comment

As always, thanks my friend.

Comment

Reverb choruses and delay are very good in the Intellifex. And the Intellifex is quite a solid piece. I have owned one for years, but do want a G-Major someday, haha...

If that is all you want, the Intellifex would Probably serve you well. It's just the G-major does SO MUCH more and the price is right.

Comment

I hear you man. The thing is that I've come to accept the fact that at 37, with a wife and two kids, and a demanding job, I'll never play in a group again. That time has passed for me. So I've decided to just scale down on my gear and just own what I would truly use instead of having stuff that I'll never get to use to its full potential. The G Major is great, but I only use the reverb and delay effects. For what I do, I think that the Intellifext would fir the bill. I could sell my G Major, buy an Intellifex, and still have a couple hundred bucks in my pocket.

Comment

I'd say go for it then. IMO the major advantages of the G Major are the extra effects (you don't use), the channel switching abilities and then built-in tuner. If none of those are any use to you, then swap around and pocket the difference. I actually think the Intellifex sounds better (especially chorus, but reverb and delay to some extent) for what it does than the G Major. The Intellifex seems to be a fair bit more reliable from reports too. It is more difficult to program, so be aware of that. I hate the old menu system and toggle buttons myself.

Comment

Intellifex also has an analog dry path (though if you use Hush gate, you go all digital) so it's especially cool for series loop.
              Because I don't say it
              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
              X