Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I expect to pay for a Mesa Mark II C..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I expect to pay for a Mesa Mark II C..

What should I expect to pay for a Mesa Boogie Mark II C 1X12 Combo, Simul Class, Tan colored tolex, pristine tolex shape, ANVIL (not generic, a real anvil) road case, that just had new tubes, and new filter capacitors placed in it, and was went over by a VERY qualified tech?

It's from 1984, (I believe) has the eq (I believe 5 band) I've seen the amp and played it a lot, but I've not really messed with it, I just know I want it.

I've got a friend with one, and he says, he's tired of carrying the damn thing, so he's talking about trading it to me for some shit I've got.

What kind of value, should I expect to trade to, or price should I pay?

Re: What should I expect to pay for a Mesa Mark II

Graphic EQ? That makes or breaks the real price.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeap, Graphic eq (that's what I mention in the 5 band thing, it's either 5 or 4, or maybe 6, I dunno, I know it has the sliders.)

Comment

too much.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well, the current deal is this "possibly" this.

Jackson DX10D. Line 6 Spider 2 75 Watt 1x12 combo. 500$. I'll give those up, and get, a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC. It is a friend of mines amp, and I want to give him a fair deal. He also wants to give me a fair deal. If I'm under cutting him by any, I'll pay extra, and if he's over charging, He'll knock some off.

We're friends, and I'm not looking for a deal, I'm just looking at taking ownership, of something that I'll be able to appreciate a little more than him now. (He's 42, and he basically said, I'm not signed, I'm getting older, and I'm just jamming in some bands some times, I don't need this (and it's heavy).

I value the Line 6 at what I paid for it, 330$ (Musicians Friend has them for 299 I believe, and free shipping) and I value the DX10D for 225. I basically feel like I'm giving him a little over a grand, in cash+trade.

I'm fine with the deal, but I don't want to rip off my friend, and he doesn't want to rip me off.

Comment

I was under the impression those amps go for $2K +

Comment

man, that's a steal if you trade him that stuff for that mark, if you ask me. go for it!

Comment

We did a search on eBay, and it was like, not very conclusive. We seen a head version go for like 1000$, then a combo for like 1800, then another combo for 900$

The market moved on them so much, it made it hard to choose which one. I just told him, I don't want to rip him, and he doesn't want to rip me off. He said that we would probably base it off of the lowest price one that is like his (that's why the 500$ is a tenative amount).

The other great thing, since he doesn't accept paypal, he's going to let me make payments on the thing.

This is provided IF he sells it.

This is basically where we are at with it. He played in bands for years and shit, and then stopped for awhile, the amp hardly ever was turned on, well when he did a few years later, you could hear the filter caps were bad.

I gave him the number of a tech I know (who is about 1 hour from here) and they spoke about fixing it, blah blah. Well this was awhile back (about a month) because the parts were sent to the wrong place, and then he had to have them resent. Well, he in this time frame, has been playing the amp I lent him, (the guitar was lent to him as a backup, since he just started a new band), and he said, the Line6 doesn't sound better, but for all the more he needs, AND it's light.

I plan on getting it, if I can, but if he changes his mind, I can't blame him.

Comment

if it's Mark II C then you could get it for less than 1K
                  Mark II C+ are over 2K
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yes, I don`t know what the C means, but that adds a ton to the price and something called Simul Class? I don`t know Boogies at all, but have heard of these features. Jack.

Comment

Yeap, has C, and has simul class, and an EQ.

Comment

Stop asking and go for it. I know I would. Do you have his pnone number? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                        X