Digitech "The Weapon" anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech "The Weapon" anyone?

Anyone using "The Weapon" from Digitech? I don't listen to or know anything about Disturbed, but some of the reviews I've read about this pedal have me interested. Anything that offers some potential new sounds and is built with direct recording in mind always bears a little more research for my purposes.

I've hit the Harmony Central review database, but I'm not clear on whether the distortions are digital/models or analog. What I've read reminds me somewhat of the old Korg HyperDistortion, which had a direct out for recording and a cabinet emulator, but with more distortions and effects as well.

Any JCFer reviews?
    sigpic

Re: Digitech \"The Weapon\" anyone?

Distubed`s new album sounds killer!! I wonder what amps and cabs that dude is using, that is a tone to die for. Jack.

Comment

Those Artist pedals are intendend to give you a sound that you hear on the record, when you play standalone. Cool for a fan who plays in his bedroom, not useful within a band mix.
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Distubed`s new album sounds killer!! I wonder what amps and cabs that dude is using, that is a tone to die for. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has changed his setup, he has always used a older mesa rec with a BBE in the loop.

Comment

I believe he has been using the Randall RM Series stuff for a few years, seeing as he has his own module coming out in the near future for it. Not sure of the details though.

Comment

He has been using the Randall RM since Believe came out.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
              sigpic

Comment

Randall RM eh. Is that a tube amp or a hybrid or solid state? I may have to look into these, love the tone that dude gets!! It sounds kinda recto to me. Jack.

Comment

the RM series is the tube module amp. http://www.proaudiomusic.com/amplifi...dall/rm100.htm

Comment

Eh, that seams kinda weird to me. what other tube amp do you think would come close to the current albums tone without the modules? If it is a Recto, I want one of those!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Eh, that seams kinda weird to me. what other tube amp do you think would come close to the current albums tone without the modules? If it is a Recto, I want one of those!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the Randall amps are very good and give you many options. He probaly is using the Recto module in the RM, what i like about the RM series is the fact you have complete control over bias and they make it very easy to bias.

Comment

Mudvayne used Randalls too on their new album, I think they used RMs. It sounds good but not nearly as good as the tone they got with the Rectos, there is something missing but they are great amps.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

a lot of former Recto users are now using Randalls
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Mudvayne used Randalls too on their new album, I think they used RMs. It sounds good but not nearly as good as the tone they got with the Rectos, there is something missing but they are great amps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which mudvayne album you talking about, because he used VHT for awhile too.

[ QUOTE ]
                            a lot of former Recto users are now using Randalls

[/ QUOTE ]

That is because you can get a recto module and sounds almost exactly like the real recto, plus then you can have to other channels to sound exactly like you want, like put a XTC module in for your leads and have another for clean. Plus the fact that you can bias to your liking also helps these amps. I have thought of getting another one sometime in the future myself.

Comment

PS i had the RM4 going into a mesa power amp and i wasnt impressed because of the cold bias on the mesa amp. If you get the RM4 you really need to get the randall power amp or another power amp that you can bias.

Comment

Working...
                              X