Digitech "The Weapon" anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digitech \"The Weapon\" anyone?

Mudvayne used Randall RM on the Lost And Found album.
    Great amps, but they still don't sound exactly like rectos, something is missing. My fav sounding Mudvayne record is The End Of All Things To Come, all rectos.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

RM doesn't sound as full and bassy as the Recto, also Recto's mids are clearer.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Great amps, but they still don't sound exactly like rectos, something is missing. My fav sounding Mudvayne record is The End Of All Things To Come, all rectos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. That is certainly their best sounding record although it is still a little bass and drum heavy.

Comment

OK, so nobody has tried this pedal then? I don't care about sounding like a guitarist I've never listened to, just wondering if the pedal is any good or not.
          sigpic

Comment

The End Of All Things To Come sounds great also because of the the man who produced and recorded it.... DAVID BOTTRILL, amazing dude, certanly one of the best EVER. He is the mastermind behind Peter Gabriel albums. Bass guitar has one of the best tones I've heard on it, drums are also very badass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              OK, so nobody has tried this pedal then? I don't care about sounding like a guitarist I've never listened to, just wondering if the pedal is any good or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll answer your question and I have never used or heard this pedal.
              Stay away from any pedal that models or recreates a players sound unless you want to sound like him.
              I will take an educated guess and say its a good pedal. Most of the Digitech stuff is good. If you want to sound like Disturbed... buy it. If you don't care (you mentioned you don't), then don't buy it.
              There are Eric Clapton and Hendrix pedals that do the same thing. They recreate these players tones. I can't imagine anybody buying one who didn't want to sound like either of these players. Does that answer your question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that they switched from Recto's to VHT before Randall i kinda have a feeling he didnt use the Recto module on the new album, probaly used an XTC or or there high gain module or some sort of marshall type module. I have played the recto module and it also depends on the power amp you use and how you use it. My one complaint about the module system is they dont have there own presense on each module, if you are gonna recreate a mesa preamp section then you have to put a presense there as each mesa pre amp section on a recto has there own presense.

Comment

How does the RM4 compare to the RM head? Besides the obvious preamp vs. head. The RM head has always looked interesting.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    How does the RM4 compare to the RM head? Besides the obvious preamp vs. head. The RM head has always looked interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The RM4 you can use four modules where the head you can only use 3. Of course you will need a power amp and from talking to other randall users they say nothing else is better then the randall power amp designed for it. The one thing i like about the rack versions is you can mix tubes in there power amps.

Comment

here is the website http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro...ts/mtsrack.asp

Comment

thanks man i was looking at that earlier. so tonewise they're pretty much similar.

Comment

This thread get my vote for the 2005 "Best Thread That Lost Intended Direction"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

hehe, yeah, sorry for the hijack!

Comment

I guess The Weapon is a real "dud" around here.

Comment

the weapon is just another solid state pedal made to sound like someones sound. If you like a solid state pre-amp and heavy sound then go for it, but like said previous it will sound only like his tone. Personaly i would rather spend my money on a good preamp like a JMP-1 or even an ADA.

Comment

Working...
                                X