Digitech "The Weapon" anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digitech \"The Weapon\" anyone?

The Weapon isn't just a distortion pedal, it also has a reverb, pitch shifter, sitar simulator, flanger etc.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Actually, to get back on track, I may try this pedal as I love Disturbes sound, especially the new album and the first one. Jack.

Comment

I'm happy with my ART preamps, but I'm looking for some different sounds for in the studio, and am especially interested in the sitar sim, autowah and direct-recording output. Digitech and DOD (same company, yes?) seem to have this habit of including effects on some of their mult-effects units that you can't get individually.
        sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Digitech and DOD (same company, yes?)

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yes, which is part of A Harman International Company. Though, it seems they've pretty much done away with their DOD line and are just sticking with Digitech. Like the old DOD Death Metal pedal is now labled with the Digitech name (same pedal, though)... the old DOD Juice Box overdrive is now the Digitech Bad Monkey. The direct out jack is a cool new feature they've added, though. Seems the new pedals are a little more sturdy than the old stuff and with better switches.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well if the Weapon is anything like the Clapton or Hendrix pedal then just stay the fuck away. Those things sounded like ass.

They are not cheap either when you compare them to the price of a V-Amp, POD 2.0, GNX, or a whole slew of other things as well.

Seriously, you can get a V-Amp Pro rack mount unit with digital I/O and a gazillion effects and amp models for just twenty bucks more than the Clapton or Weapon pedal.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

If anyone is actually curious about The Weapon, I finally got a chance to try one out last night. The distortions are pretty typical pedal fare, nothing that hasn't been heard out of a Metal Zone or equivalent many times before. However, it's more versatile in that there are a few different distortions, and you could easily tweak your tone without having to make EQ changes.

The effects are far more interesting than the distortions, especially with a good clean tone. The sitar simulator and autowah respond really well to changes in pick attack, and the phaser sounded very "liquid". I didn't have a chance to test the direct-recording or cab sim features.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X