Wah and wireless???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah and wireless???

How do you guys use a wah pedal when you are using a rack mount wireless system?? My G-Major doesn't have a true wah so adding an expression pedal to my midi pedal won't do it.
    I was thinking the only way to do it is to go out from my preamp input to the wah pedal and then back to the wireless input.

Re: Wah and wireless???

Other option (not sure on noise) is line out from the wirelss to the in on the wah, then into the preamp...

Comment

Yeah, I ran a wireless and a wah... yeesh..

Wireless out went to the pedalboard/wah and back to preamp in. Two 20ft+ runs of George-L out to the darn pedals.

Comment

I also run two 20' cables out to my wah and back. Honestly, a wah also works best when it is the very first thing in the chain. Most rackmount units don't have a wah, because the designers know they will sit in the effects loop of an amp. Unless you're doing industrial, you do not want to put a wah after distortion.

Comment

I run guitar--->wireless--->long ass cable to wah--->boost pedal--->back to amp, and then have my time stuff in the fx loop.

The vetta's wah was SO much friendlier to use, but my JGCable modded crybaby sounds 10x better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Thats what I thought. I'll just run 2 cables to the wah. I did set up an almost wah with the G-Major using the auto-modulation effect and messing with the attack and frequencies.Its similar to an auto-wah. I only need wah for 2 songs. Man in the Box and Sweet Child of Mine. The G-Major is so awesome.

Comment

Speaking of wireless units, is there anything good out there for under say 3 bills?

Comment

The only other option for wah is to go with the rackmount wah from Dunlap ($$$$$). I had one and it's nice, but I couldn't justify the price to keep it.

I've actually thought about building a very basic rackmount/remote wah that could be controlled with an expression pedal, so you locate the wah with the wireless and just run the cable to the expression cable out front. That's what the Dunlap does, but I think you could do it for a lot less $$$ if you just used a basic wah circuit rather than with all the fancy options the rack wah has.

Comment

I'll just run the 2 cables. I will put both songs that require wah in the same set so I can get rid of it for the other set. Now that I am wireless with the ability to run all around the stage I don't want to trip over anything!!

Comment

wah's are for whimps.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] scratch man in the box and sweet child of mine off the set list...problem solved. Next?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Man in the Box rules...JG, when I saw Jerry Cantrell himself, he had it set up like that...two cables out to his wah and Rotovibe, then back to the rack...

Comment

heheh, I use the wah for cryin' by satriani, the little hendrix lick in rest in peace (extreme) and... (losing all my credibility here) Workin' for the weekend by loverboy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh yea, and enter sandman... drives me nuts how I'll nail a randy rhoads solo, and it's nothing special... but the solo to sandman is a 'big deal' to a lot of people who see us. *shrugs*

Pete

Comment

Working...
                        X